Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB - Petrol cap

WTB - Petrol cap

Hi all
    I just wondered if anyone would sell me a petrol cap for our ute. I bought one from ebay, and had it at the panel shop and now it is lost. I am not too angry because it wasn't a genuine one, I should be angry with the seller actually, but am over it...it would have been okay as it won't be used once it is on, as the ute is on gas. We had to steal the Malchite van one so it could be quickly painted, ready for the sticker tomorrow. I am willing to swap a lockable one if anyone wants to. These petol caps are becoming rare, so I understand if people want to keep them, I gave one away to Ski-man so he could finish his van, before I realized they were a rare commodity.

thanks in Advance.....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

i am going to be putting my nos one on ebay next week for auction...as long as i can find it?

ive got one i need a genuine locking cap with key no aftermarket rubbish ill have to check its not hktg tho ill text you a photo if you want

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    i am going to be putting my nos one on ebay next week for auction...as long as i can find it?
    there is one on ebay currently and I can nearly buy a whole car for the price of it PM what you hope to get for it, and I might be able to buy it now if you let me

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    ive got one i need a genuine locking cap with key no aftermarket rubbish ill have to check its not hktg tho ill text you a photo if you want
    I have one which I think is a genuine one which locks off the yellow van...I don't know how you know if its genuine or not though.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

it shouldnt have any plastic or anything like that if its genuine im just about to see if mine is hq-wb, if it is ill text you a photo of 3 caps, non lock, hktg lock and aftermarket lock if i can find all of them

--- Updated ---

checked wont be any good to you guys im pretty sure its early hq points the right way on the ute but needs the bigger filler neck similar/same as hktg i think, sorry i cant help

I've probably got a couple of spares at the farm. I found one on an old ag bike. Will check tomorrow when I go out.

Rodney was asking someone about front bumper overriders in another thread too. Are you looking for a set of them as well? I've got a few floating around but can't remember what condition they're in.

What model ute do you have? I have one with the key. Pretty sure it is off a later model then my HQ as I bought a new one and it fits slightly better. If you forward me your address, I can post it to you this week if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    it shouldnt have any plastic or anything like that if its genuine im just about to see if mine is hq-wb, if it is ill text you a photo of 3 caps, non lock, hktg lock and aftermarket lock if i can find all of them

--- Updated ---

checked wont be any good to you guys im pretty sure its early hq points the right way on the ute but needs the bigger filler neck similar/same as hktg i think, sorry i cant help
    Its original then as no plastic, and heavy
    Married to RodneyHZ253

[QUOTE=jennie285;45893]there is one on ebay currently and I can nearly buy a whole car for the price of it PM what you hope to get for it, and I might be able to buy it now if you let me[COLOR="Silver"]

after having an eh battery earth lead nos finish at 325 bills last night im not pre empting any prices...ill put it on ebay starting at 99 cents and let it run..

haha after the 1000 bucks for the tailgate supports recently I thought these were specials ....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280899510...84.m1423.l2649
    $1425 for a set of guards that could be anything under the paint.... :-S

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Thread Information