Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rare Spares Door Rubbers

Mick, Harrisons have had the pinchweld with rubber seal made and I saw some in black yesterday when I was down there. The rubber seal is very good and easily flattens against the pinchweld so I can't see it causing any problems with closing the window. Paul said it was $13 per metre and that 4 metres was required to do the two rear quarter hatchback windows.

It was apparently an exact copy of a Nos one he has but I didn't take a lot of notice of the pinchweld pattern. Might be worth getting some and trying it before you proceed with yours. Paul told me his rubbers were being made by Bridgestone.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

pauls full of.....................................

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    pauls full of.....................................
    I do get that impression a bit when I talk to him.

He certainly sprukes on about how great his parts are compared to Rares..... However I have got his door rubbers and they are much better than the Rares ones.. Can't comment from experience on any of the other stuff he has though but will probably get the rest of my rubbers from them.... at least until I get a shitty one.

Gas On
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    will probably get the rest of my rubbers from them.... at least until I get a shitty one.
    Gday,

Yep, I've gotta' stock up on some rubbers for the van too.......

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Mick, Harrisons have had the pinchweld with rubber seal made and I saw some in black yesterday when I was down there. The rubber seal is very good and easily flattens against the pinchweld so I can't see it causing any problems with closing the window. Paul said it was $13 per metre and that 4 metres was required to do the two rear quarter hatchback windows.

It was apparently an exact copy of a Nos one he has but I didn't take a lot of notice of the pinchweld pattern. Might be worth getting some and trying it before you proceed with yours. Paul told me his rubbers were being made by Bridgestone.
    Thanks for the info,
    did you notice if the pinchweld had the grain in it like the normal Holden Pinchweld?

I am too far into making these now, and I just wish that there was more info about what others are making.. It is something that I have spoken the AMCP and others about so we don't double up.

I know that with the rear quarter seals that I am making, they won't be sold by the meter as the will be sealed like the originals were.

cheers
    Mick

I didn't take a lot of notice of the pinchweld pattern as I was more looking at the quality of the rubber seal, I have to go back next week to pick up some parts I ordered so may buy a metre of it as a sample. You can buy it by the metre or have them make up the window rubbers as a set that are sealed at the ends at an extra cost. He sells quite a bit of it to camper trailer builders apparently to seal their drawers and lids.

Looked correct from my vague memory but will confirm it when I go there next.

Hey guys,
    Thought I'd drag this thread up rather than start a new one.

Can any one tell me if I buy genuine holden door rubbers that I am buying just that and not a re-packaged reproduction item. I am worried that they may just be RS ones in disguise.

Cheers, Chris

considering rares has been making various rubber products since i believe the late 80s early 90s i reckon i will let you figure it out....

its all there for anyone to check out.. http://www.rsp.net.au/default.asp
    Last edited by ozbox; 03-03-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Cruiser
    For what it's worth, I bought a set of RS door seals for my van and I have to say they are pretty good. They are nice and soft like the originals unlike RS earlier attempts that were as stiff as. I was told they had revised them and they wanted feeback on the quality.

P Plater
    there shouldnt be any issues with our current hq-wb door seals, alot of people keep bringing up our old seals, iv even seen other companies bag our hq rubbers out to our customers to make there own sale even though they were selling our own rubbers in there bag.

also in regards to the person thinking of buying NOS seals note that for many many years we made these seals for Holden and these were available from holden well after the cars had finished production so if your trully after original stock make sure they are NOS and not NORS

Thread Information