Thread: 10 /78 jasmond yellow sandman

Learner Driver

10 /78 jasmond yellow sandman

Help needed with dash info 10/78 jasmond yellow sandman .are dash pads painted tan same as console and glove box lid . Is the dash long grain as the sunvisors and roofling are sandpaper.Also does anyone know what type of paint and paint number for tan. thanks

Sandman Guru
    If it is 67V trim then it is all tan. I can't remember off the top of my head but i'm pretty sure HZ have the non-grained instrument panel pad. Someone here will know for sure. Absinth may have the paint formula for 67V, or be able to point you in the right direction.

Learner Driver
    It is 67v on id tag . and dash pad is long grain that has been painted black aswell as all the other bits on dash

crash pad should not be black. Ive got a 78 HZ Kinga and it has original long grain crash pad. its saddle tan or sierra or some stinky brown!
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    yeah hoogar brown . but looks ok on yellow van can live with it

I have all the formula colour no's for 67v look at all our threads regarding our jasmine yellow van. Btw where did you get the van do you have any history on it, still grasping at straws that our original van is still alive somewhere. I will have a look next time am in the yard
    Cheers Jennie
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHZ253 View Post
    I have all the formula colour no's for 67v look at all our threads regarding our jasmine yellow van. Btw where did you get the van do you have any history on it, still grasping at straws that our original van is still alive somewhere. I will have a look next time am in the yard
    Cheers Jennie
    Unfortunatly its not your van as mines l31 m21 absalutly love your van and the interior 10 out of ten ! my old van is at echuca museum? Did you get dash pad recovered ??Also where did you get doortrims and seats done as im heading down that parth. Looking forward to seeing your van at all holden day

Goslojo
    I saw your van we used it to see what we needed to source after buying our yellow van in Melb...it had been 25 years since we had seen our van and needed some reminding of how it should look...so called in to museum, old matey very helpful let us into it to look, not touch...door trims came from Eastern Auto Upholstery in Bayswater VIC, he does a fantasic job, if you are prepared to wait...dash is actually incorrect as is 67c which is sandpaper and we painted it it looks fine, but we have a friend who has a mint one he is giving us.. He is doing up a jasmine also and visits us on his way through Parkes for business and takes pics etc. of ours...so that was kind of him...the console we painted, but we have bought a great one from Rares, and it is Tan, great value for $450 as even has the armrest covered in 67v, and has the insert and boot. Seats at Cool's trims Peakhurst, he was the only one we could source who did the vinyl welding instead of stitching...he too has done all three of our vans/ute, and he also stuffs the seats so well they are more comfortable than the jeep seats...

Hope this blurb helps
    J
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Learner Driver
    Jennie thanks heaps for the tips,my best mates wife is related to cools and will be going down that parth ,i missed your van last year at all day holden went to bundaberg to pick up my sandman .was after a windsor blue van again but saw your van on utube and fell in love with jasmin yellow !!! now im collecting parts as its a basket case and getting body ready for paint oz has helped me out heaps with a nos passenger 1/4 panel ,pv people are awsome people thanks again !!

Thread Information