Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of questions.

A couple of questions.

First of all, is there some part I'm missing from the dials of the radio? A surround or something, as the dials are sitting a mile off the console. DSCF0355.jpg

Second, what went here: I've seen photos of other HZ dashes and this opening appears to be deeper and closed at the back. Again, am I missing a part?
    DSCF0356.jpg

Cheers, Evan.

Sandman Guru
    I'd say the radio isn't an original for this dash unless there is some adjustment available.

The bottom bit is closed in, that has been cut out probably for a CB or graphic equaliser.

Thanks, HK. The radio is indeed not the origional. It came out of a smashed up 1977 HZ Kingswood SL sedan that was in the same wrecking yard I bought this ute from. As for the hole in the dash, that's what I had thought, however nothing was there or in the radio space when I bought it.

my radio was like that, and it looked stupid i just put a few washers behind the fasica and the radio, makes it sit back further, i need one of the little chrome plastic bits behind the adjustment knobs if you wanting to sell them, or the whole radio provided its the one im after, also grapic equaliser?? is that like a amp or something??

--- Updated ---

or one of those things peter brock put in his cars that didnt do anything??

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    also grapic equaliser?? is that like a amp or something??
    Ahhhh too funny.... Byron showing his age with the graphic equaliser.... Lol... Its an 80's version of an amp

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    my radio was like that, and it looked stupid i just put a few washers behind the fasica and the radio, makes it sit back further, i need one of the little chrome plastic bits behind the adjustment knobs if you wanting to sell them, or the whole radio provided its the one im after, also grapic equaliser?? is that like a amp or something??

--- Updated ---

or one of those things peter brock put in his cars that didnt do anything??
    Nope, not a Polariser..... They looked like this:

car_audio_dash_equalizer.jpg

Some of them might have boosted the sound a bit but the purpose of an equaliser was to be able to make better adjustment of base, treble and midrange sound responses. Many of them had a "loud" function as well. It was streets ahead of what was available in the 70's, yet so primative when compared to what has come later. An AM/FM tape deck with an equaliser and a set of 6 inch front speakers and a set of 6x9's in the rear was a pretty good deal in the mid 80's. Late 80's for big gains in sound - CD players for starters.

Sad, isn't it....
    Nunc est bibendum...

righto so it pretty much just lets you adjust the sound, like a normal cd player now, were these around when there was tape decks and only am radio?? i found a tape deck in one of my wb, its like finding a antique, execpt worthless lol, dunno how you guys used to put up with just am, one of our tractors has am only, killer at harvest spend days listening to old ladies complaining about plants, people loosing there cats and ofcourse the excellant sound quailty

AM isn't tooooooo bad.
    It brings back memories for me. When i was a kid, we used to go on holidays up the north coast in our HJ Statesman (or a Holden demo car if available) and tow a caravan. Dad used to put the radio on for the news of the day or listen to the cricket (Summer) Saturday league (winter). I'm going to hook mine up to relive the memories.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

V6HQUTE, thanks for the offer, but no not interested in parting with the radio or any of the assosciated parts, but PM a list of any Kingswood/Kingswood SL parts you're after as the guy I bought the ute off has a few Kingswoods he's wrecking out and a ton of spares as well. Thanks for the tip on moving the radio back. P.S. Awesome looking build you have there. Would love to see it when it's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by 79Z33L View Post
    Second, what went here: I've seen photos of other HZ dashes and this opening appears to be deeper and closed at the back. Again, am I missing a part?
    DSCF0356.jpg

Cheers, Evan.
    Our 8 track used to go in there.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Thread Information