Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HQ Sandman ute replica

Love that white Hz , what site is that on, price is far to step for me but just what iam chasing colour combo. also an inch or 2 lower would make it look just right.
    Driver -1981 WB kingswood 253 4 speed
    Weekend- AC Cobra replica 302ho(425hp) 4 speed toploader
    Project Complete- SLR 5000 LH mock up(next door Neighbors)
    never late in a 5.0 litre

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Love that white Hz , what site is that on, price is far to step for me but just what iam chasing colour combo. also an inch or 2 lower would make it look just right.
    Talking about it.... here
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Thats pretty much exactly the same I would like aswell.. and the 2 inches lower would make it look heaps better.. The only bad part is the price of it..

I would kill to find a white HZ sandy ute or van and the other combo would be a Windsor Blue ute or van with either black or buckskin interior.. Even a HQ would be good, and a HJ.. But I don't really like HX's.. hahaha
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...te-Shed-Thread

My HZ Sandman Panelvan Replica:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...nelvan-Replica

WHERE ARE YOU BHZ29069A!?!?!?

OK, HQ versus HX. I'd take the HQ but it depends how you're wired. There is lots of posts on this site that dance around this issue and everyone has a different spin. Here's mine. There car is only worth how it makes you feel when your driving it (what it is intended for). I fix them and get them painted cos I want to drive them. I still enjoy working on them and I get to spend time with my daughter doing this but we both still love driving them. I'm not reliving my youth - I never owned a panel van. We originally bought the HX to tow a horse float, cart hay etc. and some how I got caught up in the history. I love the cheeky irreverance of it but every time I get in it I smile. If I drive it to work then its an event, and I drive it as often as I can. Closely related to this I think is the guys who love restoring them. Bringing a piece of history back to life. I also have a lot of time for these guys and the value of these cars should factor in the time and costs invloved. Obviously this makes the HQ a bargain.

Now the other aspect is the speculators. I think in a previous post Hainzy was talking about a simpler time when these cars were in there prime and then we somewhat lost the plot. Thats speculators. Lots of arguments about if you have original chassis etc then it is isn't a sandman and values of replicas against originals etc. I don't think it makes a dot of difference and I see no value in the argument. What is functionally different between a belmont chassis / body, and one retrofitted with the same bits? Nothing (so long as its legal!!). For those guys spending 500,000 on GTHO's because they have an aluminium plate when 50,000 would buy a Grand Tourer replica that is probably better? Whats the price per kilo on the aluminium plate that adds 450,000 to the cost of that car? These guys love the cut and thrust of wheeling dealing, selling, talking up markets and screw it up royally for those that like to drive, restore, etc.

Now back in my box.

Banned
    The hq would be great, if you like constantly repeating"nah mate it's not genuine, it's only a replica".

I have spent over 16K and it still isn't looking as good as that one
    Nearly on the Road

Thread Information