Thread: Paintless Dent Removal

Cruiser

Paintless Dent Removal

Has anyone had any experience with the paintless dent removal process, looked at a car today and the only thing that is stopping me from buying it is there is about 6 small dents about the size of 5 cent pieces and another dent on passenger door which is a longer one where a door has been opened on it. Would be interested to hear any feedback and if anyone can reccommend anyone in particular in the Canberra area, cheers.

Sandman Guru
    Works really well on newer paint. My mrs's Excel got peppered with hail, they got rid of all dents perfectly without a mark. I've had them also push out some dents in some Holden utes too (VY and VZ).

ive had plenty of experience with it. If you get the right guy youll be so stoked you'll want to chuck a party. Plenty of scope for a noobie to stuff it right up also. Id pay the money for the good result. still way ahead of proper paint and panel in terms of cost and end result (ie no issue with colour match and quality of workmanship etc)
    BQZ

Cruiser
    Oh ok sounds promising, the car is immaculate otherwise its a CV8-R Monaro with 50,000 km but the dents just take away from it would rarther wait for one witha better body if they cant fix it will see if I can get someone to go look at it and go from their.

Sandman Guru
    They'll fix that for sure if the paint isn't damaged. They can also push them out (also use dry ice) even if there is paint damage, and you can brush touch the damage and buff it, not perfect but better than not doing it. Drive the car to where there is a mob with a good reputation. Ask at a few car yards (talk to a manager) to see if they can recommend someone. Ask insurance assessors too - go to an NRMA assessor.

Is it a V2 series II CV8-R in grey with that funny white trim, or a V2 series III in pulse red? I got offered a new SIII pulse red auto CV8-R for $40k when I was buying my V2 CV8 in 2006. It was on the showroom floor amongst the new VZ CV8's and they couldn't sell it.
    Last edited by HK1837; 05-06-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Cruiser
    Its the pulse red one guy bought it new but just doesnt use it, he didnt seem to think the dents were an issue when I pointed them out to him, his theory was most cars that age have some and if it had higher klms it would have more. Other than that the car is great but could look at it with the dents the way they are, will make some calls tomorrow and see if I can get the name of someone respected and get them to go around and look at the car for me.

l had toyota landcruiser dent in the door 3 inches by 2 not very deep lcalled the dent removelist he had ago and only just moved it well l guess not every dent there is that pops out is a winner took it to panel beaters job done and $200

Thread Information