Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My HQ Sandman allmost finished

Well done mate. Looks awesome! Everyone you drive past will be getting whiplash from turning their heads too fast!

WOW... :-)

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

It's a rockin'
    fantastic

Yea we all love the Q and allthough Barbados Green was not my prefered colour i now love it, thanks

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    You'll find HQ Sandmans and any Sandman ute will always draw the most attention simply because most plebs don't know they exist, they generally think that Sandmans were only vans and HX and HZ only, hence the interest from the crowds. Nice work.
    You know how true that is, Most of the people ive dealt with during the resto have made that comment about the Q, they allways relate the sandman with the sandman decal across the tailgate, thanks for all your comments,

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by HQGTSbrad View Post
    Wow mate, it looks brilliant has come along way since last time i saw it when we picked up the Van we bought from you. Good work
    Thanks Brad, how is your project comming allong, or should i say all of your projects,

Cruiser
    Awesome job, great colour combo and the HQ's are one of the toughest mothers GMH put a badge to, hope to see it at AHD

Absolutely spectacular....congrats on all your hard work. Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour

Its getting me itchy to start mine!!

It's a rockin'
    maybe now you are finished you could run through the process for us briefly ie; did you take the body off ,did you get it blasted or use paint stripper and tell us what products you used and can recommend ,might get a few sandmans back on our roads a bit quicker

looks fab!!! tho green is not my colour, it does look the part very nicely... job well done!
    it's here and I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    maybe now you are finished you could run through the process for us briefly ie; did you take the body off ,did you get it blasted or use paint stripper and tell us what products you used and can recommend ,might get a few sandmans back on our roads a bit quicker
    105_0958.jpg105_0959.jpg105_0960.jpg105_0961.jpg105_0962.jpg105_0963.jpg105_0964.jpg105_0965.jpg105_0966.jpg105_0967.jpg105_0968.jpg105_0969.jpg105_0970.jpg105_0971.jpg

Well as you can see the original body shell was beyond repair, so i located a very good shell that was also Adelaide built, and i used the original chassis and fitted the replacement shell, I know this has been hottly debated on this site as to whether or not this accepted,but unfortunantly to save this gem i had no choice, and as to whether it is still genuine or not i will leave to the masses to make there own jugment, I did it for myself and plan to keep it and enjoy till i pass on, not to soon i hope, I just wanted to be honest up front as you have all helped in your own way to bring the van back to life,

Now where to start, yes body off,full chassis clean and paint chassis black by hand,all fuel and brake lines and tank cleaned,complete suspension replaced, body back on using all new body rubbers,original gearbox reco, engine non original but in date range reco, original diff reco, fitted engine and all running gear then sent to panel and paint shop,He did sandblast,downside to this process was that even after i got the van back i spent a lot of time removing all of the sand from every nook and cranny, every original nut bolt and screw was cleaned painted and reused, all trim redone to as per factory,and again what is factory,with exeption of the console door armrests and ineria reel seatbelts and the courtesy lights int the pillars all my choice, because i need to rest my arm on them for comfort,and of course the extra chrome for a pesonal touch,

Let the debate begin, thanks

Thread Information