Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thatotherguy's Monaro's

That is looking awesome , a lot of hard work well done.I can also remember when you could buy a coupe for $3000 now that will only buy you the stainless trim if your lucky ( mine is missing all of it uggh )
    This is what mine looks like at the moment , does it bring back bad memories ha ha
    image.jpg

It's a rockin'
    thanks, chateau is a rare colour i cant believe some idiot painted it white. my trim came from dash original in south aust but they do very high quality work and its not cheap, my sons HQ prem seats cost $1500 from a local trimmer and mine from dash original cost $3800 but the difference is my frames are blasted and powdercoated and all the foam is replaced and the covers are very high quality with the correct colour . if you want to save money use hj-hz bases as the foam is better and they are the same as HQ even tho they dont look the same. just to give you some idea my dashpad cost $720, gauges fixed,dash fascia renewed including console fish scale (done properly not just an ebay special,i bought one of the ebay ones and they are very glossy) all switches recoloured.New arm rests and a few other bits and pieces $1900 . door trims were $900 and the seats flax with houndstooth $3800

That coupe is looking good, my chateau was (is) painted white also, I have black trim with houndstooth inserts. You car really gives me something to aspire to. Great Work.

cheers Vic

It's a rockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by benvanman View Post
    That is looking awesome , a lot of hard work well done.I can also remember when you could buy a coupe for $3000 now that will only buy you the stainless trim if your lucky ( mine is missing all of it uggh )
    This is what mine looks like at the moment , does it bring back bad memories ha ha
    image.jpg
    looks good, mine was a real mess although not rusty it had been in a bad prang,probably when it was near new (would be a write off these days) yes a lot of hard work and more hours in the day would be good, i spent about 3 hours last night and another 3 this morning trying to get the left gaurd right and still not happy with it but that was the side that was damaged so i will just have to live with it .Any idea what colour you are going to paint it ? I was always going to paint mine silver until i saw a chateau torana and fell in love with the colour

It's a rockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdvi View Post
    That coupe is looking good, my chateau was (is) painted white also, I have black trim with houndstooth inserts. You car really gives me something to aspire to. Great Work.

cheers Vic
    hi vic i remember your car it still had chateau front panels ? i think they painted them white to get away from the 1970s purple (at least yours had black trim) chateau and flax trim really stands out, would have been an awesome car even in the 70s

Cruiser
    Nice.... Im getting my trim from sydney....

I hope to see your car at the monaro nationals in the barossa next year....

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    looks good, mine was a real mess although not rusty it had been in a bad prang,probably when it was near new (would be a write off these days) yes a lot of hard work and more hours in the day would be good, i spent about 3 hours last night and another 3 this morning trying to get the left gaurd right and still not happy with it but that was the side that was damaged so i will just have to live with it .Any idea what colour you are going to paint it ? I was always going to paint mine silver until i saw a chateau torana and fell in love with the colour
    Did you get the guard on without chipping it ha ha anything a few washers can't fix. I'm pretty lucky mine is pretty darn good rust wise , just the standard floor pan , half cowl panel and a patch here and there although it has had half a quarter panel welded on at some stage. I'm thinking cyan blue with white stripes or silver with orange stripes , still undecided tho.

It's a rockin'
    yep no damage, had it on and off about 10 times and we adjusted the guard as much as we could and then we adjusted the door so quite good now but when i put the nose cone on the left fitted perfectly but the right was way out (had my wife helping me and she is still talking to me so it couldnt have been too bad

Sandman Driver
    nice work mick looking good... Love the colour combo..

It's a rockin'

Grill all masked up ready to be painted black thanks to my son

Grill installed roughly, sits better now. Also dash pad is in, dash frame, started putting gauges back in. Steering column surrounds painted and installed and a lot of other little things done.

Thread Information