Thread: Dream Sandman

Dream Sandman

My dream Sandman would be;
    HZ Ute (for all that RTS goodness)
    Buckskin Interior
    308/4 speed
    Exterior in Palais White or maybe Atlantis Blue

What's yours?

hey mate - i like the 70's retro style colours like papaya, jamaica lime, atlantis blue or even the barbados green on the HQs. so the dream pick up would be a hz/hx ute and van sittling in the shed with two of those colour choices (dont want much hehe). Of course in the meantime my deauville blue hx ute will have to do! My problem is i want them original (or at least unmolested) - i dont think my dream sandmans exist in those colours and in that condition any more. Have seen them go on the net from time to time over the last few years of watching but my name aint rockafella and im not a tradie so i have to pay people to do most of the hardword (yes absinth i should be as adventureous as you!). Toyed with the idea of restoring my ute to a colour of my choice from the times but I just dont know if i can bring myself to change it and have a paint that is different to the code on the compliance plates.

cheers - the missus will know how to do that photo today so should have a nice pic for you soon of the old girls

well i reckon the most original you will see (if it is all fair dinkum) for utes is that one currently on aussie muslce cars - not my choice of colour but looks like its never been touched at all. I like the papaya colour ones that are in the old ads - i think the hx description in this website has the picutre with the van on the beach - its papaya with orange and brown decals - that in a ute, 253 4 speed black interior - probably my choice i reckon and HZ for the twin light front bumperettes etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by hx-sandman
    I don't belive in colour changes Original is king, but I see too many green and yellow ones.

Probably because Green, Yellow and Red were very popular colours back in the 70's.

Original Colour is better, but keep shopping until you find the colour you like. Unlike today there were stacks of colours to choose from so they are all out there.

How could you not like Mandarin Red and Absinth Yellow??? Nice bright stand out in your face colours that just scream the 70's...... Who wants boring old metallics like Deauville blue or Persian Sand that just blend in with todays modern metallic colours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by hx-sandman View Post
    Buckskin Interior
    308/4 speed

What's yours?
    Ah couldnt think of anything better! Its my exact dream sandman that i have been hunting for for the last 10 years! Palais White that is.

RTS is over rated..... fit radial tyres, decent aftermarket sway bars and shocks, give it a proper wheel alignment and a HQ has RTS.

Most restored cars would have updated suspension?

Learner Driver
    my dream Sandman is 1978 HZ in Palais White with Dark Blue,Blue &White Decals and i have one after searching for about 10 years and i will not part with it .It will be pased onto my kids if they want it .
    Buckskin Interior
    308/4 speed

What's yours?

Thread Information