Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted HJ Front Seat Belts Black

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    All seat belts are second hand once the car has been sold to the second owner......makes no difference if they come from the wreckers or the used car yard in my humble opinion.
    thats correct james....i use fraid seat belts to pull out v8 engine and gearboxes..its not so much the webbing thats the problem as it is the inertia mechanisn failing in an accident..

It's a rockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    All seat belts are second hand once the car has been sold to the second owner......makes no difference if they come from the wreckers or the used car yard in my humble opinion.
    all depends on the condition if its been sitting outside with no doors on they deteriorate and it costs about $450 to have them recond or less to buy new ones and have the factory buckles fitted . i always fit new belts to my cars even tho they are not factory correct ,i couldnt live with myself if my wife or child was killed because a 30 yearold seatbelt failed when it only cost a few hundred to replace them . maybe i am just paranoid but when i bought my HQ coupe the drivers seatbelt was tied in a knot where it had broken

Banned
    Thats true, but you could buy a 6 month old car that has been fixed after a prang and you would be none the wiser as to the condition of the seat belts. That was my point really.

Just diggin up an old thread here.
    My seatbelts are R O O T E E D... ( I spelt it like that cos I was singing the aretha franklin tune to it..) You know R E S P E C... ah you get the idea...

Anyway, there seems to be a few different after market seatbelts out there. I dont particularly care if they arent factory original looking. Just wanna get appropriate ones.

Byron mentioned someone the other day but i couldnt see the thread. rare sprares seem to have them and theres a few on ebay...

Such as these -
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HQ-HJ-HX-...item4d022903b3

Any recommendations?

i got a set from repco, got them ordered in, i cant remember the brand tho

Cruiser
    Just had mine reco in WA new belts etc, and found a bloke that is re-doing my storks (heat shrink) havent got them back yet so will see how they turn out otherwise will buy new after market storks.

It's a rockin'
    most after market belts are made by the same company(klippan). and are available from auto pro or any other auto shop the only thing you need to know is the stalk length . bench seat stalks have seat belt material and bucket seats have a solid stalk so they dont fall between the seats . when i put new belts in my torrie the bolts supplied were a different thread so i had to use the old bolts but when we did my sons HQ prem they bolted straight in .
    the ones on ebay are for a bench seat

Thread Information