Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabin Rear(Ute)

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I was really sad at one stage that I cut my GTS dash to fit a din head unit. Now I am glad. No hassle with crap AM radio in the dash and a decent head unit in the correct place. Speakers cut into the door trims in the steel producing good sound. Bugger trying to fit it all in hard to get to places. Lifes too short to waste on trying to hide a stereo.

What he said. I cut the original dash on my Sandman when I was a teenager to fit a DIN sized unit. Glad I did it back when I didn't care. I've tried the "unit in the glovebox" trick and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanMuscle View Post
    WB if your going to run an Ipod for your tunes and dont need the cd player, couldnt you just run a input jack somewhere hidden(behind the center console) and have that run straight into your speakers with out the need for a head unit. All you would need is a 3.5mm auxiliary to plug into the input up and walla you have music with no noticeable mordern tech.

I've had the same thought, I want the whole original look and dont want a new unit in my dash or taking up space in the glove box either.
    Yeah, I had the same though before but my parents and sister convinced me to get a decent head unit so that I can play cd's and listen to the radio if I get sick og my IPod..

The way I want it set up is going to be a big task, but I don't mind the challenge and I reckon that I will be better off in the long run if I do it properly the first time..
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...te-Shed-Thread

My HZ Sandman Panelvan Replica:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...nelvan-Replica

WHERE ARE YOU BHZ29069A!?!?!?

Just wondering about Radios, i notice my WB has a pioneer tape player in it, that fits through the original radio hole with a face shield that covers like a din unit, maybe hk1837 would know if this was a option on a wb or just an aftermarket tape player that fits into the original radio hole? Unfortunaley i only have 1 tape left, but its a good one , best of rolling stones!:single_eye:
    Driver -1981 WB kingswood 253 4 speed
    Weekend- AC Cobra replica 302ho(425hp) 4 speed toploader
    Project Complete- SLR 5000 LH mock up(next door Neighbors)
    never late in a 5.0 litre

Banned
    My blue WB had the same style of radio in it. I bought it in 94 so no idea when it was fitted. Ute was in really original condition right down to the hubcaps. I think they would have been either dealer fitted or aftermarket though.

I'm with wbute on this. My ute when it was on the road had a stereo cut into the dash and a cable going to the ipod in teh glovebox. With 6x9s cut in the doors. It sounded awesome. What's the point looking cool cruising listening to AM?

The AM radios rarely work anyway, so an input jack is the way to go for me I think. I'll use my mp3 to listen to radio/music and can charge it from the car too.

Thread Information