Thread: PORS15 Products

Cruiser

PORS15 Products

Have checkout their website and spoke with the guy that runs the store who also send me some brochures on the PORS15 Products. Looks pretty impressive the finish you can get if you follow the prep instructions. Thinking of using it on chassis and underbody in either gloss or satin black, interested in hearing any good or bad feedback from people who have tried it.

link please.

Her is the link never used it but have heard of it people claim it great http://www.por15.com/

U-tube it, get hints on how to use it, i did. Great stuff. Lots of good feed back too, however a lot of people stipulate stick to the instructions. I did and worked great. Por 15 has a putty in a tube almost like toothpaste and it goes very very hard, had to grind it to clean up. Filled some rust holes to perfection. Dont get the putty on your hands, it stays there for a week.
    There is also another brand but similar stuff, advertises in Just Parts. Supposed to do the same as Por 15 but cheaper.

i know a bloke who is a rust guru in perth. he uses this stuff exclusively and swears by it. expensive but it must be the goods
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Maysik View Post
    There is also another brand but similar stuff, advertises in Just Parts. Supposed to do the same as Por 15 but cheaper.
    Assume you are thinking of KBS Coatings - http://www.kbs-coatings.com.au/ - sorry can't comment on how good their stuff is, very similar product line and methods to POR15.

http://www.rustoleum.com.au/rustoleum_products.asp

I have seen this stuff advertised.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

I've used por 15 not extensively just the chassis cote which looks great and seems to be holding up well. I have also used the black rust preventative primer not UV resistant so should be over coated. Again has held up well. Both products are really richly pigmented so it covers extremely well and goes a long way. I will post some pics up of suspension parts I painted in the chassis coat when I get a chance.
    Cheers Dave

I have used both products, think I prefer the POR15 at this stage, yet to really use the KBS products properly yet though. I used it on some bumper irons and was really happy with the finished product.
    Nearly on the Road

Thread Information