Thread: Goulburn Swap Meet 2012

Goulburn Swap Meet 2012

If you are reading this looking for the date of the Golburn Swap meet this year, you're too late, it was yesterday.
    I trundled over in the van on Saturday nite, camped it and awoke in the darkness of pre-dawn to dozens of little LED torches shining up and and down the rows of store-holders.
    6.00 meant 5.00 for those who hadnt wound the clocks back for end of daylight saving, so at that time of the morning it was still VERY dark.
    I jumped up and joined them.

Scored a HZ long auto console for $70 in very tidy nick, a pile of Custom Truck and Van mags for 50c each, HQ bumper overiders for $80 and a few small nick-nacks for the shed, all before the sun had come up properly.

The swap was a bit bigger than last year and there was marginally less Saint-Vinnies type-crap than other years. I heard at least 3 fellas say that 'if you wanted to get bits for the HX/Z/WB, this was the year for it' There was holden stuff everywhere, but not all that much early gear from HQ down. (less even for Ford and Val fans).

Good stuff I spotted for money I didnt have included. HX fluted guards, stripped and dipped; the pair $400. HQ fluted guards (pressed flutes), fraction of rust but V straight; $500. HQ manual full console; $200. HQ GTS dash cluster with gauges and reasonable facia; $300. Re-covered HX(?) sedan interior with a good set of door skins; $500 to lot. Upper van tailgate (no glass, but with handle etc) for $80.

Not a bad swap meet, and I have made the 2 hour trip 3 times now to go to it. (Except the road from Blayney isnt real flash).
    For future reference, Golburn swap is the first Sunday of April. (Bring your torch and beanie)

Cruiser
    Was planning on going but had to go to a Wedding at The Rocks in Sydney the night before and ended up staying over night,maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by hj308 View Post
    Was planning on going but had to go to a Wedding at The Rocks in Sydney the night before and ended up staying over night,maybe next year.
    A wedding at the rocks that would have been a nice venue...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Cruiser
    Wish i'd have known it was on, only 45 mins from here and would have been a beautiful day there yesterday.

Cheers Mark

A mate was there and grabbed a couple of things for me. HE siad it was alright. Bloody hell but a set of origional HQ GTS guards for 1K... ebay prices have made those unobtainium. Makes those tonners with them a bit more profitable to wreck.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Thread Information