Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hz front spoilers

Cruiser

Hz front spoilers

I know the Rares front spoilers will fit and take a little bit of mucking around just wanted to know if anyboy reccommends any of the other ones out there like on ebay etc, a seller in Vic called Kingswood country told me today he sell the plastic 2 piece type, the rares ones appear the most expense which I dont have a problem with as long as they arent rubbish. Also are the external door handles from rares (black) were trying or are you better off painting a set of originals.

I know that the rares ones are plastic which is better than Fibreglass for durability but they also are not a good replica of the originals. There are no little wrap around peices at the back that go around the front guards as per original. Normally you would put a screw in there to keep them attached.

Don't buy the ones on Ebay for under $50 as they are NOTHING like the originals.
    I did and you can tell the difference.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

P Plater
    Not sure if you want to go to the expense but i had panel shop turn front spoiler into a one piece. By fibreglassing join together find it is more sturdy and fits better .Personally rare spares is always last option quality just isnt there .Good luck

I have an original one in the shed that came on my HZ. I think I still have the mounting brackets too. It does need some plastic welding done on it. Has had a few small previous repairs and someone used fibreglass on it, (on backside). Black ABS plastic (currently in old paint), is 2 piece, wraps around front gaurd edges. I could get a few pics of it and its possibly for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanowners View Post
    I have an original one in the shed that came on my HZ. I think I still have the mounting brackets too. It does need some plastic welding done on it. Has had a few small previous repairs and someone used fibreglass on it, (on backside). Black ABS plastic (currently in old paint), is 2 piece, wraps around front gaurd edges. I could get a few pics of it and its possibly for sale.
    Maybe loan it to Rares, so they can copy it correctly, I know we had a lot of fiddling to do when we fitted the yellow van's and now we have the red van's ready and painted to put on, and I know it will be an ordeal...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanowners View Post
    i'd be more than a little interested in it, plus i only live in Kyneton, no postage :-)

Ok I'll grab some pics tomorrow and put them up.

It's been nearly 5 months since the last post.
    Are things any clearer...
    Are the Rares ones the ones to get?
    Are they plastic?
    Do they wrap arround like to original?
    Do they fit the original holes (big ask)?
    Thanks
    Chrisp

I spoke to rares on Monday about an "as per genuine" plastic HZ spoiler, and they said, "It's unpickable and a perfect fit, but I wont be able to get one for a week". I said I'd call back the next day and order. Well, work got in the road and I didn't called back until yesterday. Different block, "Mate, to be honest the spoliers are rubbish and we have removed them from stock. We are waiting for someone to buy the tooling and remanufacture the things".
    The plot thickens

Chrisp

Thread Information