Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Madeira Red van

Our Madeira Red van

We have almost finished this old girl....hoping to have her ready to take to Albury over Easter....a few planets need to align for this, but we are on track...

Today we fitted the interior, yesterday Adam painted the rear, Rodney got all the lights working, so we can get rego tomoz....the high beam didn't work, and we couldn't work that out, but I came to the conclusion the little fuse, which was so much disgussed which was put on later HZ's for double headlights., might have blown which it was so now all operating correctly.

]

I did a lot of work to cleaning up of bog dust which gets everywhere, and did the fascia....

Oh and BTW that steering wheel is gonskis we have one which is much better condition, and will restore this one for another van....

Last edited by jennie285; 05-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

That's lookin awesome Jenny!

Looks fantastic. Wish I could crank out restored cars at the rate you guys do! Well done!

Looking really good guys! Top effort!

All the best in meeting your deadline, would be excellent to see it all fresh in Albury!

I hope the Automotive Gods are smiling down on you...

Praise the lowered!

Looking good wish mine was at that stage
    Help me

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Looks fantastic. Wish I could crank out restored cars at the rate you guys do! Well done!

Its a lot of work, but no sense having them sitting rusting away....we do have a very good friend helping us will all the panel work etc....its all about timing though, everything needs to be done in order, and sometimes one hold up can mean a month being idle....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Perfect example of why you shouldn't buy rustbuckets! Good body to start with saves huge amounts of time!

Very true Byron! Mine certainly was no rust bucket but I had a mate paint it who took about 20 months and I was also doin up 2 other cars at the same time... A good body and a car with the important bits intact certainly puts you miles in front though!

Banned
    Looking good Rod and Jennie! Nice colour too.

Sometimes knowledge and know how can hold you up too (or the lack of it in my case, all a very big learning curve).

Looks great guys!!!
    When do we get to see the Malchite one. Interested to see that one 'cause as you would know, that was the original colour of mine.
    Keep up the good work.
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Thread Information