Thread: hq Belmont door trims ashtray.

hq Belmont door trims ashtray.

When didnt HQ Belmonts get ashtrays in the front door?

Belmont door trim Black 1.jpgFront door trim with arm rest and no ash tray.jpg

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

I'd say never. The card on the right looks like an aftermarket version. I have the same card. You have to cut the ashtray into it (if you want the ashtray). Also, the armrest is a Kingswood version, Belmonts didn't have armrests.

Sandman Guru
    Armrests were optional on HQ Belmont. Also on HJ Holden. They became part of the Holden Sandman packages mid HJ.

Here is a Factory HQ Belmont sedan door trim. This was a 1974 plated, bucket seat, column shift, L23 (202LC) with armrests. Because it was column shift with buckets it also got a seat separator.

HQ Belmont door trim.JPG

Yeah I didnt think the door trim looked like a recent copy. I dont remember being able to get Belmont door trims until recently that's why SS restoration was difficult in the past. (Really they were the only HQ people wanted Belmont door trims)

I thought all HQ's got ashtrays in the front doors because of no central dash mounted one as was there in previous models.

Thats a good one Byron without a speaker hole. Im still trying to find a tonner or something with those brown ones that arnt cut or damaged too much. I have one set with broken door cards but it has screw holes where someone put on of those nasco door handles on. I wonder if a trimmer could vynal repair them a bit.

Mauser
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    Yeah i've been meaning to grab these ones and squirrel them away just in case.

haha well if you dont give me the email of the owner. :-)

Mauser

P Plater
    Just a note The right hand picture is actually of a repo door trim.
    They are easy to pick the bottom section is not the same as the early HQ trims.
    This is what I have on the two types of trims too.
    The early trims are made with 'Roebuck' type grain of vinyl being used only.
    The long grain vinyl is called 'Roadrunner', and is a 73/74 item.
    It was introduced around march 73, at the same time the GTS sedan was introduced.

So the repos are the correct for SS Roebuck type but as I said above the bottom section is wrong.
    All the repo manufactures I have talked to about the trims say that they cannot get the same material as original for the lower sections.
    Cheers Paul.

Hi Paul,

I looked at the sets of door trims I have. The both brown Belmont ones I have are of a different grain and dont have the different material on the bottom. I have a set of Kingy ones that I know came out of an earlier '72 car and its grain is definitly not the same as them.

Interesting thanks for that.

Mauser

Sandman Guru
    Caribou is the later grain I think Paul, not Roadrunner. I may be wrong as it is from memory.

Thread Information