Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HX Sandman ahx17079a

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Should join a club anyway, but that rego is too strict for me to stick to.
    Well that is why we have the yellow van on full, and will just notify them when we need to take it to AHD or a show n shine etc. you can go for a lap or two as can only go 5km, or you say you are doing a maintenance run....also I meant to say it is $90 for first year, which includes a blue slip, then $50 each year after.

Cheers J
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier 73 View Post
    Playwme cant see sense in having things if you cant drive them on the road dude and remember mother is always right dude
    The thrill of the hunt, the bartering, the adrenalin when negotiating a deal (or Auctions for the full hit) , dragging it out from it's resting place for the last 10 years, the road trip, the initial "explore" when you get it home and find all those little things you didn't notice at first, the tinkering, that moment when the engine first fires to life. Driving them is just a small part of it.

And my mother only thinks she's always right.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    The thrill of the hunt, the bartering, the adrenalin when negotiating a deal (or Auctions for the full hit) , dragging it out from it's resting place for the last 10 years, the road trip, the initial "explore" when you get it home and find all those little things you didn't notice at first, the tinkering, that moment when the engine first fires to life. Driving them is just a small part of it.

And my mother only thinks she's always right.

mmmm therapy. youve spelt it out playwme
    BQZ

new pics pg 1
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Adam,

Tell me how you picked that when it had single headlight front, holes in the guards and doors where side strips had been and no center consul in it?
    Still trying to learn all this!

Seavan

yes the front half appears to be off a HZ kingswood. HZ doors now too
    HX sandman was only single headlight front and std guards anyway, and normally a 5 speed means full length console out the door as the shifter doen't always line up..no biggie.....

i was wrecking a VX S pac and i sold some bits to a young guy who saw my yard of HQ -WB stuff and said his uncle was selling one..a V8 ute...

i said i was only interested if it was factory V8, and for him to TX me a pic of the passenger side ID tag, as he was going around there for a BBQ.

next day, young guy comes around again for more bits off the VX as he only had a certain amount of cash on him the day before, then shows me the phone pic of the id tag...which i had forgotten all about.

anyway, WM HX body, 60A trim, L31 M21 and mandarin paint code( which i knew off the top of my head as i have had a mandarin one before), i was onto something good. and it was only 2 km away.
    rest is history.
    cheq book out.
    i am lucky over here , as they are mostly adelaide build and no XX7/ XU3...

its easier to ask for a pic of ID tag for factory V8 rather than trim codes , gvm ,tyre, placards etc etc as it sends alarm bells off..
    Last edited by adam perth; 04-04-2012 at 01:29 AM.

its easier to ask for a pic of ID tag for factory V8 rather than trim codes , gvm ,tyre, placards etc etc as it sends alarm bells off..

correcto. ive been using that little cherry for a few months now. hasnt turned up any sandman gold yet tho!

theres a manderin L31 M21 sandman ute on gumtree atm (WA) needs resto. might be your twin bro!
    BQZ

thats mine on gumtree, same ute...hey if i can flick it for $8k to some miner, its gone...

bread and butter! ill get onto it. absolutely love the ad! your handy script?
    BQZ

yeah. gotta out it out there. drives the perception of prices up if nothing else..

Thread Information