Thread: Awesome HQ Sandman combo

Sandman Guru

Awesome HQ Sandman combo

Had a guy pretty local to me contact me over the last few days that has found an original awesome combo HQ Sandman.

It is an Acacia Ridge 308 4spd HQ van in Saffron metallic with 39B trim. Pretty close to the most desirable Sandman van of the lot, one of the better metallic colours from HQ anyway. And a nice trim, just a little different to the normal 30B trim.

Unfortunately it no longer has its original chassis or engine, and from what he tells me it is pretty rusty. Major bummer, but hopefully he'll but it as it is pretty cheap and mostly complete otherwise. I hope to have a look at it at some stage.

I told him the home truths about it, ie he really needs to find another late Acacia Ridge HQ van shell for it as this is a 7/74. And even if restored to the nth degree it'll still be held back majorly in value due to the lack of original chassis and engine. However I think he'll be happy to fix it and use it, knowing is was once a Sandman but be happy with the result.

If he doesn't end up buying it I'll see if I can get the details for someone else to pursue.

I wonder whats with a fair few HQ Sandmans with non original chassis......seems to be the norm!! The search continues

Saffron is a great colour too

Wow.. I would really like to see good photos of the 39B interiour. Is it possible to pass on my id here so I can ask him about some things. :-) It would be nice to clear up some question I have.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Thread Information