Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some suggestions for forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some suggestions for forum

It has been mentioned to me recently that the Sales tracking posts could be locked after a set time. This means when a set time period has passed the thread gets locked so no one can post in it anymore, but you can still look at it.

I guess the reason behind that is to allow people to post a sales tracking post and few people to comment on it and it dies a natural death

Personally I don't care either way because the post will remain and I don't think too many people want to dig up dead posts to discuss sales from 2 or more years ago.

So what do you reckon - discuss the pros and cons, ask questions and as a community you get to steer the forums where you want them to go

Blocker the only thing that annoys me about sale tracking is that if you do a google search and it take you to old sales that happened 2 to 5 years ago and I suppose this can happen on my sandman site

Suggestions for the site
    Tell me how the site can became full screen on my iPad sinse the new format everything opens small and I have to enlarge it to fill the sceen
    Tell gaddy how to start a thread on his iPad
    Last edited by jennie285; 15-03-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHZ253 View Post
    Blocker the only thing that annoys me about sale tracking is that if you do a google search and it take you to old sales that happened 2 to 5 years ago and I suppose this can happen on my sandman site
    Yes Rodney we have no control over what Google will store from websites, so that can be annoying when you are searching for something relevant. When searching on google use the date relevance option.

Suggestions for the site
    Tell me how the site can became full screen on my iPad sinse the new format everything opens small and I have to enlarge it to fill the sceen
    Tell gaddy how to start a thread on his iPad
    I have the same issue at the moment with my tablet so there is no fix just yet. As for Gaddy not able to post threads... it's not a website issue because everyone else with an ipad or tablet can post threads. We looked at it a while back and tried a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    along the same path, but is it possible to load a photo from your i phone?
    No idea mate. I don't have an ipad or iphone to test such a feature so it's pretty damn hard to explain how to do it or even if it works.
    Last edited by Blocker; 15-03-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Cruiser
    Suggestions for the site
    Couldnt agree more with you on the ipad point rodney.... Its a right royal pain in the butt to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    Blocker I could write up some 'how to's' if you like. (I did promise Gaddy I would do this ages ago for loading larger photos :neutral: ) Do I just open up a new tread under Forum Rules?? Or do you wont me to put somewhere else? Let me know and I will get started.

love to see paint and trim details added to site (not forum) sorry to go off topic. Seems lots of questions re paint and trim are now being linked off to Mr Jones (very usefull) site. Maybe a shaing deal could be done.

Same, same with tablet view. (sony - Android)

Dont care re locking old posts.

[QUOTE=HZSandman;38232]love to see paint and trim details added to site (not forum) sorry to go off topic. Seems lots of questions re paint and trim are now being linked off to Mr Jones (very usefull) site. Maybe a shaing deal could be done.

Same here. I agree it's not a forum issue, but I was just looking for the car colours and noticed that it was missing from the sight. I used it for many reasons.
    As well as seeing a pictorial of the car and stripes combined. A more in depth tim and car/stripes pictures like Mr Jones just for Sandman's would be great
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

a printable version of the id guide, like the old version, sorry i know ive said it a million times but there must be more than just me that carts a few print outs around for that just incase lol

We do and refer to it on a weekly basis....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information