Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEWS FLASH! Prestigious Sandman Trophy Up for Grabs!

Get on board guys, this will be a great event!

Rusty check your email, sent you a something something. :saturn:

Q set we will have to get onto the trophy hunter :17 trophies, surely he would be good for a couple. We are pretty sure we are going , but will have to purchase possible future son in law an expensive present for his 21st so our lack of presents at his 21st birthday party would go unnoticed, also have square off with daughter, what a mine field we are entering.

And yes if timing suit we would be prepared to travel with an old station wagon.
    Last edited by jennie285; 16-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Q set View Post
    We have just put in our names to attend with two of the Q set. The Waggin is closer to a van than the LS, so we can sneak in the back of the crowd and remain unnoticed. Who is traveling down through NSW? It would be fun to tack onto the back of someone's convoy.,
    Hey Qset, Great to have you coming to the van-in at easter!

It must be said though that the wagon will not go unnoticed, there are many members that have a soft spot for the wagons too! Here is a couple of pics of founding member Rusty's HQ from its glory days:

Rusty's Wagon.jpg

Rusty's Wagon - Engine Bay.jpg

He still has it, and it is currently in the process of getting a full tilt front fitted.

Also, a thread been started on the forum for those trying to organise a convoy to the van-in, you might like to join that to organise a meet up.

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.co...er-van-in-2012

I look forward to meeting you and checking out your rides at the van-in.
    Cheers,
    Karl.

That's Great news Guys.

...and a big thanks to Karl for keeping everyone up to date.

....and an Especially HUGE Thank You to Blocker for his Support and Sponsoring the Category, but that's not all - He's also supplying mySANDMAN.com.au T-Shirts and Bumper Stickers for additional Prizes and/or Give Aways.

One thing that's for certain, you have to be In It to Win It!

I'm looking forward to meeting some new People, Checking Out / Admiring your Rides:camerasmiley:, and hopefully making some New Friends.

Regards

Rusty!

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHZ253 View Post
    Q set we will have to get onto the trophy hunter :17 trophies, surely he would be good for a couple. We are pretty sure we are going , but will have to purchase possible future son in law an expensive present for his 21st so our lack of presents at his 21st birthday party would go unnoticed, also have square off with daughter, what a mine field we are entering.

And yes if timing suit we would be prepared to travel with an old station wagon.
    Rod, the Trophy Hunter really needs todo himself a favor and put his name in to come along. We don't need to pull in anywhere where there are speed humps or dips so that low old bus would be right on most of the roads leading to Albury.:nevreness:
    . It would be a shame to leave such a nice van languishing in a dark old country shed when it could be showing what the cream of NSW country pannos looks like in the metal (and chrome, and diamond quilted black velour). Someone has to carry the drinks, and I know neither you or me have a stocked bar in the back of our vans.
    We're looking forward to it. We have never been to a dedicated van meet, so I better start reading up my old Truck and Van magazines to see what is expected of us.
    The Waggin may be sporting power-steering by Easter and I've just bought a small UHF for the Panno... 'come-on big truckers, what's ya 10-20'. I have secretly wished for a UHF ever since getting the van.
    We will PM youse about possible convoy, otherwise feel free to wave and smile as you burble on past. (damn those V8s!).

A HUGE Thank You to Blocker for the Goodies that arrived today.

Regards

Rusty!:onthego::eagerness:

No worries, I'm sure they will be put to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Q set View Post
    We have just put in our names to attend with two of the Q set. The Waggin is closer to a van than the LS, so we can sneak in the back of the crowd and remain unnoticed. Who is traveling down through NSW? It would be fun to tack onto the back of someone's convoy.,
    Hi Qset did you recieve my PM about cruising down to Albury ?

Cheers Tony.

Tony, just noticed your message regarding the haul to Albury. We haven't sat and worked it out at this end completely yet. Jennie285 and RodneyHZ253 and also doing the run down, probably on the inside track down from The Dubbo line. I've heard that the east coasters are rolling down through Gundagai. Rusty may be going to put a map and details up, I'll have to do another scan of M.Vanners site.
    Having a young ankle-biter may completely stuff our plans. We will get there, but it may take time. I've got half a feeling that we will be parked on the side of the road for nappy change and get to watch the convoy roll past.
    We were thinking about going Friday, but can't lock in anything.
    If you get a team rolling, or if you hear if there is a serious convoy, post up the time and route. I would say there might be a few Sandmanners that might want to run shotgun for part of the way, even if they aren't going to the van in.

Heaven in a Van!

The 2012 Easter Van-In at Albury makes the News.

Check out the Pic and Story by Trevor Jackson at NewsWeekly.

Follow this Link: Heaven in a Van!

:onthego:

Thread Information