Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford or Holden. What do you prefer?

Ford or Holden. What do you prefer?

Hi all,
    I grew up with Ford, that is the only car my Father would buy. I defended the Ford brand tirelessly throughout my school year's, well into my driving year's.
    I lost interest in Ford in 82, when they ceased production of the V8 and tried to pass off the EFI engine as an equivalent replacement. I bought my last new Ford in 84. Sold that in 94 and bought an ex detectives VR commodore, it came with everything I could want and went like a rocket. I have had no troubles with any subsequent new commodore's I have had since then, and am a proud Holden supporter these day's.

During the above time period, whilst I was supporting Ford on the race track, I purchased my new Sandman ute. It was bought because the long coupe doors on the Ford van's & ute's, would sag very quickly. The Sandman was an excellent ute, and never had any drama's with it.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Robbo are you on the tins?

Sandman Guru
    I have always had Holdens or Chevs. Owned one Ford, an ex-taxi XF Falcon. It was OK but not that great a car. In my opinion Ford Australia has not made a decent perfromance car since the XA GT. Having said that, for modern years (VN onwards) I believe if you want a 6cyl get a Falcon, if you want a V8 get a Holden. This is Holden and Ford too, not HSV or FPV.

i have owned many holdens and fords all v8s 2 sandman vans 1 sandman ute hr holdens showing age there also xw gt xb gt hardtop xd highway pursuit so on so on honestly if i had a preference it would be ford as i found the engines and gearboxes, diffs stronger my xd ran borgwarner diff and gearbox and i used to be very hard on my cars in my youth as i lived in the adelaide hills and loved to drive them hard my sandman in the avatar was a 308 and went well but always blue smoke even 6 months after motor was rebuilt by good mechanic 3 gearboxes 3rd gear every time back to 3rd to overtake and bang my pursain sand ute was 253 even that broke the good old aussie my 186 hr was the only car that didnt break the aussie probably what that gearbox was designed for but saying that i still love sandmans even my latest one has 3rd gear whine yes i know you can put a muncie or saginaw in but why didnt they from factory my borgwarner in xd never broke and that had alot more power than the sandman so that is what turned me from originally holden to now ford i found it cheaper and easier to fix doorhandles than gearboxes

Sandman Guru
    Sandman had the strongest box of the lot! TH400.

I have always been a Holden man. Bought a new TK Barina for the driving school what a peice of sh@t. Holden have tried to fix it over the last two year and have now given up. They have pissed me off so I would never have any new Holden. Don't think I would buy a ford so Jap or Korean for me from now on

Old cars I'd take either one. Have had good experiences with all my H series Holdens and my 351 powered XE.

Newer cars though I'd get the Fords over the Holdens any day like Byron said. I like the motor in the V8 Holdens but not very impressed with the rest. The Ford 6's are a much nicer vehicle to drive as an everyday family car. (although in reality I'd skip them both and drive a Toyota as a true daily)

V2 Monaro is still on the future shopping list though.

Well, I come from a family that just doesn't really care about cars.. lol My step brother is a Ford man, I am a Holden man.. But I would take any old classic car over new cars, brand doesn't matter... I like old Fords, Holdens, Valients, Chevs etc.. Any old car that has character and is a classic..

I'm with playwme, Toyota's are the best bang for your buck daily... Cheap to run, reliable and they are actually pretty good cars.. Out of the new cars, the Ford 6cyl's are by far the best in my opinion..
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...te-Shed-Thread

My HZ Sandman Panelvan Replica:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...nelvan-Replica

WHERE ARE YOU BHZ29069A!?!?!?

Well where do i start first car lx torana 6 banger and then on the page isnt big enough i have had plenty of holdens utes vans all makes all models except for hqs i have standards blew diffs gearboxs my fault being young and dumb as you do i have had my current hz sandman for 24 years hasnt been on the road since 94 waiting for rebuild next year owned 3 fords xy wagon xc wagon and xe sedan all rust buckets so no more fords for me ever i have a couple of toranas now and a 04 mazda and a 09 mazda both 4wds no problems with either of them work cars very happy with them.

first ever car i owned was a ford. It was one of those shitty econovans with the duel wheels at the rear. I think that was when i fell in love with the column shift gearbox! haven't owned another Ford since
    BQZ

Thread Information