Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford or Holden. What do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    first ever car i owned was a ford. It was one of those shitty econovans with the duel wheels at the rear. I think that was when i fell in love with the column shift gearbox! haven't owned another Ford since
    LOL!!! When I first started driving, my dad gave me the Mazda version called the 'Traveller'......but to my mates and I, it was called the Battle Bus Mate, that van copped it hard.....got it airborne, had beer, whiskey and bong water all over it....inside and out!!! Such fun times in that thing.....i remember going to the Pantera concert back in the day and squeezed 19 people in it!!!! Chicks were screaming, alcohol was spilt, it was like a mobile gas chamber with everyone smoking in it!!! Ive never before or since seen people fall out of a car because they were packed so tightly!!!
    But the mongrel thing it used to do was chew the front tyres out fairly quickly.....tried everything to fix it but was forever plagued with that problem....other than that, it was bloody indestructible!!!
    Vombil, did your econovan have the middle seat that used to do a 180 swivel so the back seats face each other? And that rear fold up seat?
    Man...those were the days.....ohhh the debauchery .....good times

sounds pretty loose alien! i didnt have a license when i owned my econostealth. I just drove my little brother round and round the block. didnt ever get into 4th gear! didnt have any seats at all in the back. was a true bongo.. bright yellow submarine. picked it up for $300!
    BQZ

'Econostealth" Great name!!!! Wouldve had a blast in that

have owned a variety, but nothing special... have looked after all of them tho... chrysler, ford, holden, toyota, mazda, datsun... am a holden girl at heart though, my dad used to have either holden or ford... fords were the rust buckets and the holdens broken down... didnt help they were all cheapies and he could never afford to fix em properly... mind u, couldve if he'd save the "patch money"... but anyways... love my WB van, loved my Ford Laser, loved my recently dearly departed Toyota Corolla, now have the Mazda.. love driving it too... look after them and they will give you joy... neglect them and they will give u hell... doesnt matter what you drive.
    it's here and I love it!!

Sandman Driver
    Good on you Maz, yeh I have driven a number of cars Holden,P76,BMW, Ford, they are all good some better than others, I am Holden through and through still, But I must say, best looking car I ever saw>> ford blue XYGT. Now that is a tuff car. I currently drive HJ Van or 04 Hilux. anything is better than walking!!!!

Thread Information