Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HZ Sandman bare metal respray finished finally !!!

HZ Sandman bare metal respray finished finally !!!

sandman round the lake.jpg:joyous:[ATTACH=CONFIGSandman 1.jpgsandman 2.jpgsandman 3.jpgsandman 4.jpg]4229[/ATTACH]:joyous::joyous:
    I purchased this 1978 HZ Sandman with factory 308/4 spd windowless van in late 2009 from the original owner. It was in great nick except the paint was well wore.
    It has spent the past 21 mths at the panel beaters & finished Friday. We are wrapped with the result & it looks even better live.:excitement:
    Last edited by hz308factory; 05-03-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Hi Richard,

Great to see the van on the road. Looks amazing!! Looks like cruise time again for the vic crew!

Justin

Awesome mate. You must be wrapped to get it back on the road after all that time. And another Ballaratian too. Theres a few of us cellar rats on this site. Bloody excellent. We'll have to have a get together and cruise the streets!

sandie lale.jpgThanks Justin, another blue one too ! Rob & Ian are keen to catch up again as well ! As it has been sitting for a while, I will have to do a few jobs on it before I travel too far in it, although did 100km over weekend no worries. Plan to freshen up the engine over winter.[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Silver"]

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Awesome mate. You must be wrapped to get it back on the road after all that time. And another Ballaratian too. Theres a few of us cellar rats on this site. Bloody excellent. We'll have to have a get together and cruise the streets!
    Thanks mate, did the cruise around Lake Wendouree today, very busy with head of the lake on. Even had several school kids stop & take photos of the Sandman !

If you want to catch up locally, give me a call on 0414-391316 cheers Richard
    Last edited by hz308factory; 05-03-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Cruiser
    Well done Richard van looks amazing nice to see a different colour, good score as well being what it is and knowing the history etc, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by hj308 View Post
    Well done Richard van looks amazing nice to see a different colour, good score as well being what it is and knowing the history etc, enjoy
    Thanks mate, when I first bought it with faded paint I didn''t like the colour much but now painted & new stickers we are really wrapped. It was painted by Rick Penhalls smash repairs, they also painted Robs (HJSandman's Monaro) and the job is first class.
    The van is very original & bought locally new. One of the few changes is some funky 70's pink/orange & yellow carpet which I had to leave in !

Hi Richard,

After all the Frustration of having to wait so long, it is certainly worth it!!
    looking forward to getting the vic crew out for a cruise. hopefully wont be long and Hainzy will have his old girl on the road as well.

cheers Rob.

Sandman Guru
    Nice work! You can see why they deleted the engine size badge on them though (and made it optional). I'm not yet 100% sure when they were optional if that means they were dealer fitted if you requested it. I think that is the only logical answer, unless it was a customer order and it was actually requested to be fitted. Not sure how the ordering dealer specified it though, as there is no special Sandman order sheet. Being dealer fitment would explain why they are sometimes in odd positions.

Cheers mate. Looks great. I like the spotties at the front too. Nice to see something a bit different.

Hopin my vans not too far away from bein ready. You might see me driving round town a bit at the moment getting stuff done..

Would have been fun at head of the lake. Hope all those drunken private school boys showed the van the respect it deserves!

Ha. Be great to catch up. ill give you a hoy when ive got the van in the daylight.

Congrats on a job well done....very cool ride

Thread Information