Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: what price are van's worth these's days

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Paid $4000 for mine in '97 Which I thought was pretty good at the time. Rough utes were fetching the same price at that time so getting a really nice van instead with the same money seemed like a bargain to me.
    strooth! i must of been taken when i paid $3000 for a HZ windowless 253 4-speed kinga in year 12 (1999)
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    strooth! i must of been taken when i paid $3000 for a HZ windowless 253 4-speed kinga in year 12 (1999)
    LOL. Neither of you were "taken" in my opinion. If you both were (ultimately) happy to pay what you did for your vehicles then you got a good deal, despite what others may say/think. Now if you look back in a few more years and think that the $$$ you paid were really next to nothing for it then that makes it a great deal.

What dollar value can you really put on the enjoyment factor (of either any stage or all stages of); researching/searching/buying/stripping-rebuilding-scouring for parts/finishing/and then enjoying the fruit of all that labour? I couldn't answer that question for everyone here in a dollar value but the personal sense of achievement you get from seeing it all through and the friendships you forge along they way with like-minded people is worth more than any dollar value.
    Nunc est bibendum...

It's a rockin'
    3 examples i have found in unique cars 1 HQ unfinished project gutters removed $8000 ,HZ sandman 5 ltr,original black interior with dealers books $22000 ,HZ sandman atlantis blue 308 T400 all original perfect tan interior ,all matching numbers $40000 all vans not utes

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    examples i have found in unique cars,HZ sandman atlantis blue 308 T400 all original perfect tan interior ,all matching numbers $40000 all vans not utes
    I have seen more pictures of this van, and there are a couple of issues which leads us to think this probably won't sell for what he is asking....having said that, it is a nice van, but knowing what we have had to do to our vans during our resto, for that price you should get a van in similar or close to the condition of our yellow van....nothing should need to be done to it....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

I agree. Nice van and it is not impossible to spend that sort of money on a restoration. Getting it back is the hard/impossible part.

Having read all the posts.... interesting thoughts. Price depends on what you want and what you're willing to pay for it and what you want to do with it and spend on it and how long you want to keep it for and what you ultimately want out of it in your life. Bought mine (not a Sandman BTW) in very good condition for what i think was a pittence.. I have spent a shiteload on it since in $ and time and effort (but probably not as much as others). I still have a long way to go till it's done - probably never will be, we all know what resto's etc are like. I think the van is worth more, but LSV won't insure it for more than $10K. Disappointed i am, thinkg about trying Shannons again. That's life. I've bought it to enjoy - not sure what the future holds, but i have no intention of ever selling it so the last time i got asked would i sell it and how much i asked for $50K (just to shut the guy up who followed me home down my street and into my driveway - scary!!). He said he'd think about it...lol... never saw him again, i think he got the message. Just thought i'd share my 2 cents worth :cupcake:
    it's here and I love it!!

Shannons covered mine for $25k and it creeps up a little each year. Now nearing $30k after three years. Still cost me more than that though. At the time of initial insurance they were having trouble finding examples to compare prices in the market. Might be easier now.

P Plater
    lumley have my HX sandman ute insured for 35k, agreed value. also have salvage rights

Thread Information