Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biante 1/18 Sandman Models

Biante 1/18 Sandman Models

Hi, Anyone that might be interested in collecting models car or want a Sandman model, Biante have produce 1/18 size, 2 sandman model, HX van and HZ ute. You can buy these Model from Biante http://www.biante.com.au/ or you can purchases these from a model car supplier.
    I didn't know they came in, i get their weekly newsletter. I hope I got my pre-order, have to check tomorrow. I do find, they do produce a nice model, personally I think they produce a better model Trax or Classic Collectable.

Don't Come Knocking If This Van's Rocking

Quote Originally Posted by Sndman77 View Post
    Hi, Anyone that might be interested in collecting models car or want a Sandman model, Biante have produce 1/18 size, 2 sandman model, HX van and HZ ute. You can buy these Model from Biante http://www.biante.com.au/ or you can purchases these from a model car supplier.
    I didn't know they came in, i get their weekly newsletter. I hope I got my pre-order, have to check tomorrow. I do find, they do produce a nice model, personally I think they produce a better model Trax or Classic Collectable.

Hi again
    The model sandman haven't came out yet, more around in June.
    Just a small mistake on their web site, they haven't came in yet.
    Don't Come Knocking If This Van's Rocking

Trax Model cars

I have been collecting Trax model cars since they began in the 90's I like that orange Van with the surfboards on it....I have already collected most vans and utes along with many cars...I put the Yellow van on Rodney's birthday cake last year (50) :D

I've never been one to collect things, but noticed these Biante Sandmans. My fiancée tells me to buy one as an investment, but really are they going to increase in value?

I've checked eBay and these things are not pulling that much in value probably because the real collectors get them when they are released.

I did drop off some mySandman.com.au business cards to the store owner, he has a lost of about 80 people ordering the Sandmans.

Gas On
    Gday,

I dont own a single car model, however, as I understand, if you have a unique production # they seem to be of value... IE #1, 2, 8, 202, 308 etc... Best put your order in early...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    I've never been one to collect things, but noticed these Biante Sandmans. My fiancée tells me to buy one as an investment, but really are they going to increase in value?
    It all depends on how many are produced and of course demand for them. The Mambo Sandman and the Holden Effigy released by Classic's a few years ago can not be bought now for less than $550. I have the Biante Indy Orange HG and you won't get one of these for less than $350.

production numbers range from 1200 up to 3500 and generally don't sell out all that quickly unless they are special release like those listed above. I have never pre-ordered and have never missed out on cars I want.

If they sell reasonably well the Sandmans will be further produced in different colours so I doubt they will increase in value very much unless the release numbers are small.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sndman77 View Post

Nice!

Thought I'd update this for you all in case people have forgotten.

Got my HZ Sandman ute in Jasmin Yellow last week. I got the last one in the shop (he had 5) but there are tons on Ebay at retail price. The Mandarin HX vans are due out next month and there appears to be a Mint Julep HX Van being released toward the end of the year as well.

Very well built. Better finish on small parts than the Classic Carlectables HX LE and HZ GTS.

what is a fair price for the hx van?

They retail for around $215. You'll often find most models will be around the same price when released. Ebay sometimes has a few slightly cheaper at $195 but by the time you pay postage it's close to retail anyway. I prefer to support the local guy and just pay what he's asking. He;s always fair and reasonable and really knows his stuff.
    I think all the Sandmans are limited to 2304 units per colour. Hard to say how quickly they'll sell.

Thread Information