Thread: Just arrived home

Just arrived home

Hi all.....Just thought I would post some pictures of the new van finally home from wagga Wagga NSW
    hadn't been driven for 5 years, and still ran like a dream... the clock works....which appears to be an issue for a few including our yellow van.....motor sounded fine but oil the oil pressure gauge dropped off to nothing several times, we pulled up on the side of the road, turned off the motor, left it to slightly cool, then started it up, and it had oil pressure so drove on, after the oil pressure dropped off to zero three times in a row, we got out the trusty tools, left the motor idling and screwed the oil pressure sender unit out of the block of the motor, and there was good oil pressure there, so decided there was no problem in the motor and it was the gauge. then after disregarding that issue, had no other problems with our trip home put her through the carwash, if you notice the paint off the inside of the bonnet the water blew it off, so must have been loose.....bit odd but oh well....
    while at repco comtemplating buying a new oil light sender....a couple looked at the Van discussed it was a Sandman, then saw me in the car and came over.....they said wow we have one of them, in restoration process, they have just moved down to Wagga from North somewhere and are with the army I think....after chatting told them about the forum so could have another couple of members soon.....good to see so much interest......

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/...5/DSCN3400.jpg

Last edited by jennie285; 11-05-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Leadfoot
    wow the paint looks pretty good after a wash doesnt it, looks alot worse in the other photos

Paint

sadly when it drys it will look faded again...but did need a huge clean up....I plan to buff it next week, clean out the interior, it goes to the workshop tomorrow to have all the brakes done, and the exhaust pipes put back on....chrome the wheel hubs, and we will re-paint along the bottom blackout....the decal will need to be put back on but need some advice on getting it off and putting it back on...prob only need the sandman on the side for now....may have to do some respraying on the roof...also needs wing mirror put in the passenger side and the whole mirror screwed back on the drivers side...also have a new front grille ready to put in

What a good score you've got there.
    Well done.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    What a good score you've got there.
    Well done.
    thanks.. we think so :D:D

Gas On
    Gday

Looks great... it's on the road too! You guys `n girls know I like that!!! Damn, they look nasty when they're in the dark & wet. Nice one Jennie!

Cheers

very appropriate trade plate in the back window..

I bet she loved that wash!! :lol::lol:good work.

I found this old thread from when we first bought this van, and thought I would put an updated photo of it having its second wash...this time all restored...stripes on tomoz btw

HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information