Thread: Photo's rather than links???

Learner Driver

Photo's rather than links???

Hey everyone, one big thing I have noticed since being a new member is while trying to find pictures of Vans like mine, Jade green, there are a heap of links to ebay but of course after a few months ebay drops the complete ad. What is the chance that we start a new forum for cars for sale we've found, but put the whole ad in the forum, pictures and all. Is there a space limit we have on this forum? The problem with time, is we lose history and memories get foggy. It has already been over 40 years since these cars were new, and I would love to see the database becoming topped up with complete ads, either old ones we find in magazines or new ones from ebay, gumtree etc etc.

Only a suggestion, and you guys might have a legitimate reason for why we shouldn't, but I reckon the more history we can save the better and I get so frustrated with doing searches, finding a link to what I want to see - to only find it was so long ago it is long gone.... I would also love to see everyone's old photos they have form when these things were new...

Jim

--- Updated ---

Ok, so I must correct myself already - sorry! I just found sales tracking, so we have the place to post the ads, but can we ad pictures and descriptions rather than links? What do you think?

Jim

Welcome. Pics are good, but it still just depends how you add them. You could use Photobucket, the image would be there but what if that person who posted closes there photobucket account. Then the image would disapear. Same if you use the uploader in the reply. Links could be broken and lost of image again. But a picture will more than likely remain there longer than an ebay ad which is 3 months I think.

I guess you could take a screen shot of the listing, then put the link. Just a thought

Learner Driver
    Yes, both great idea's. I just love this site, and we have this great mechanism for tracking cars we see or are for sale. But when after 3 months it no longer works, it's almost useless. Obviously that isn't the main idea of this forum, and the rest of it is awesome, but it is just a small thing that I reckon will become a huge resource later on.

So what do we do from here then? Being new to this 'club' I am unsure right now who it is who makes the final decisions and who would add the process to a sticky or something.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JadeHXSandy View Post
    So what do we do from here then? Being new to this 'club' I am unsure right now who it is who makes the final decisions and who would add the process to a sticky or something.

Jim
    Buying Blocker a pair of drum sticks and a beer cant hurt

Thread Information