Thread: My new cars

My new cars

hey guys bought 2 more cars today, great cond hz kingswood sl, only 202 3 on tree, body is very straight for the age off it and stuff all rust, hq wagon im going to part out, and a 4spd out of a early commodore, from the scrappies, spend my first pay check as a apprentice on them, got the hz home, hq and gearbox hopefully in next weekend, anyone after q stuff as soon as i pick it up she'll be in bits

got a original dash and radio, theyll be going into my ute, well bits, once i weld it into my gts dash

--- Updated ---

also this brings my car tally to 11, worked out ive had 15 cars, 2 were falcons when i didnt know any better

--- Updated ---

and im not 18yet

had the day off work today so gave the hz a clean, and got it going, bit smokey but i never intentioned to use the motor, heres some photos of the rust and some others for the lack off
    above the wheel arches, 3/4" spanner was just handy

Are any of the 15 cars you have road worthy or just for scrap metal

nah ive only got 11 at them moment, my the hz sedan wouldnt too be far off, fix some lights, new tyres, seat covers etc, but none have been bought to go back on road as they are, 3 are scrap, one hz ute i cut up for metal, vn donour shell and my paddock basher vh commy, the rest are parts or waiting for a rebuild, 4 are potential rebuilds, just gotta pick which one when the time comes

that radio is a good thing to have, plus the fact that the dash hasn't been cut about...also all those knobs are worth keeping as are getting scarce....good stuff great little assets....glad you got your gears sorted today
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

picked up my hq today, well another blokes q, rolling shell back doors and tailgate are sold, stripping the rest, all parts for sale, dash is in mph, uncut kingswood fascia, early type seat belts, its a early girl, drums all round, stainless trim etc, got 2 original ute bottle jacks and a handle, drove 40ks of the way home and noticed the handle starting to fall off the roof where i left it, still got it lol, stopped at the town tip on the way home and cleaned all the crap out, shes sitting low in the ass for some reason, whether its got no shocks i havent looked, flat tyres dont help tho lol

--- Updated ---

How bout that stainless steel trim on the drivers side outer door, is that in good condition? Is there a passegenger side equivalent?

Oh and the wheels arches, I didnt notice till now. Not sure if the rear wheel arch of a wagon is identical to a ute. Anyone know?
    Last edited by SandmanMuscle; 10-03-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Leadfoot
    Good stuff, love your work... Looking for a good interior for the van, not sure what model to use ;). Seat/s (bench with an armrest or bucket and a Dickie seat preferable) probably have to be WB, centre console and mount and a good dash... Maybe could wait for a nice GTS dash when I get the $$.

Who am I kidding ha ha if you have a good interior with the bits I need, you'd know beter than me, for very cheap I would happily remove them from your wrecking yard ;)
    Black WB bodied HZ panelvan with a 400 chev called Frankie :nerviness:

Aquarious HX windowless Kingswood project.

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanMuscle View Post
    How bout that stainless steel trim on the drivers side outer door, is that in good condition? Is there a passegenger side equivalent?

Oh and the wheels arches, I didnt notice till now. Not sure if the rear wheel arch of a wagon is identical to a ute. Anyone know?
    there both there passenger is good cond, driver has a few knocks, id sell them for the right price but have been eyeing them up myself, allready checked, right lengh for ute ,wheel arches are generally goodish condition, few marks but i think ill be able to get them out, got a bloke after to rear arches, pm me if you like

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by HX76King View Post
    Good stuff, love your work... Looking for a good interior for the van, not sure what model to use ;). Seat/s (bench with an armrest or bucket and a Dickie seat preferable) probably have to be WB, centre console and mount and a good dash... Maybe could wait for a nice GTS dash when I get the $$.

Who am I kidding ha ha if you have a good interior with the bits I need, you'd know beter than me, for very cheap I would happily remove them from your wrecking yard ;)
    you can use a bench from hq-wb, buckets can be whatever just drill a few more holes, if i dont have it ill more than likely be able to get it, lucky you dont have a coupe, havent cracked into that market yet , dont know about a wrecking yard 11s not that many

got the front clip off earlier, just on dark, now just the dash and a bit of stainless, chrome, and other bits i want

Thread Information