Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Panel van side windows

Panel van side windows

There's a real trend amongst restorers that a windowless van is better than windowed.

What do you reckon? I've driven both and with windows it's easier to drive, do you think it adds more value having windowless even though you could order side windows... doesn't make it any less genuine if it is a Sandman.

I like the look of the long, clean lines of a windowless......but the blindspots are a pain in the arse. I guess what was on the van from factory is what will determine more value. Any changes after that will naturally decrease its value.

Havent looked Blocker, but is there a function on this board to make threads with polls?

Learner Driver
    Blocker, how can you determind if your van left the factory with or without side windows if it has been through the hands of many owners and could have been done through this period of time. My van has the two side windows.

I myself just like the clean look of windowless. Although having the windows "Filled in" could be a problem if not done correctly. I have been watching this forum for some time, before becoming a member. This is a very helpful forum for gaining information about sandman's and the fellow forum members are great and offer good info.

Regards,
    Matt.

I agree with HX Bordeaux Met Sandman, i just like the clean look,and yes it is a pain with the blind spots,and i hope my windows turn out fine, just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Havent looked Blocker, but is there a function on this board to make threads with polls?
    Definitely! When you post a new thread you have the option for making a Poll

Quote Originally Posted by HX Bordeaux Met Sandman View Post
    Blocker, how can you determind if your van left the factory with or without side windows if it has been through the hands of many owners and could have been done through this period of time. My van has the two side windows.

I myself just like the clean look of windowless. Although having the windows "Filled in" could be a problem if not done correctly. I have been watching this forum for some time, before becoming a member. This is a very helpful forum for gaining information about sandman's and the fellow forum members are great and offer good info.

Regards,
    Matt.
    Matt - unless you have the original sales receipts or if you have HQ-HJ a broadcast sheet that options the windows from factory then no you wouldn't know (I can be corrected here).

Learner Driver
    Thanks for the advise Blocker. I guess the ones fitted into my van were done after market. What ever "Fool" fitted the windows did them back to front. The edges of the windows don't face at the same angles. Also do you know if sides below the join and roof are worth cutting off a wrecking van before I get it crushed.

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Definitely! When you post a new thread you have the option for making a Poll
    Excellent..thank you

Is it too late to change this thread to a poll, or is that something that is set in stone once its online? Sorry for the 100 questions mate
    Last edited by Alien DNA; 17-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.

IMO, SOME windows look cool.
    I prefer the smaller type ones. Anyways - Windows add character!!!!
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Windowless for me!!

i have absolutely no doubt that windowless are more desirable and therefore, generally speaking, they are worth more.
    BQZ

Thread Information