Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody Jetstar

Sandman Guru

Bloody Jetstar

Fools.

Turned up at Newcastle airport at 5:15am to find my 6am flight to Melbourne cancelled. Not email, no SMS. They knew last night. Were bussing peiople to Sydney to catch a "special" 1pm flight to Melbourne. Why not fly the damn thing to Newcastle to get us? I even had an email at 6pm reminding me I was flying at 6am! Idiots. I tried to get on a flight to Brisbane to then catch the flight from there to Melbourne.

I was heading down to talk to Leo Pruneau about the Sandman to get some material for the book, had to cancel that. I'll still go to Norm Dawin's book lauch on Saturday, but i'll have to see Leo at a later date.

Had to now get a 3pm flight with Virgin at twice the cost!

Customer service is an afterthought with these guys! Its always feels like you are running the gauntlet with the cheaper airlines. I have yet to be caught.

Sandman Guru
    It is the first time for me. Never again. Virgin from now onwards.

Never used Jetstar, never will. I know from Newcastle the flight options are limited, but I would still avoid them and go Rex to Syd or Bris and grab a connecting flight.

Anyway bad luck, I know you have been looking forward to meeting with Leo hopefully you can reschedule sooner rather than later.

Learner Driver
    Currently in Tassie on holidays, just flew in to Launceston yesterday on Jetstar and amazingly, was even on time....but unfortunately had to go with them, Virgin only flew Bris via Melb then Launceston, which meant heaps of wasted time and more money too... Generally I do find that Jetstar are more unreliable with depature times etc and also less flexible with rebooking etc. The way I see it we should try to give our business to Virgin when we can, because if they'd never entered the Aus domestic market we'd still be getting bent over big time by Qantas every time we got on a plane...

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Never used Jetstar, never will. I know from Newcastle the flight options are limited, but I would still avoid them and go Rex to Syd or Bris and grab a connecting flight.

Anyway bad luck, I know you have been looking forward to meeting with Leo hopefully you can reschedule sooner rather than later.

I even tried to get on a Brindabella flight to Canberra then Virgin to Melbourne, but no quicker than the 3pm Virgin flight.

Learner Driver
    Aeropelican to Sydney before 12pm could have been a possibility unless sold out.

Sandman Guru
    Still no quicker in the end. I needed to be there by 10am.

Lucky it wasn't an Air Australia flight!

Air who? Doesn't matter because they folded this morning!

It really is about service for the customer, whether during a flight or even after a cancelled flight. I'm biased as I work for Virgin Australia, but we have always tried out best where we can in this department.

Jetstar strikes again. Here on the sunshine coast, Virgin is the only way to go. 99% of the time, if there is a delay or cancellation, it is Jetstar.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Thread Information