Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Suggestions... Need Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 83 WB_Ute View Post
    White lettering is awsome.... Bring back the 80's..... lol I would have killed to grow up in the 80's.. :(
    grown up in the 80's would be cool, but know what you know now, i would have so many cars, gts stuff and every sandman i could by and v8s not bloody 6 bangers, damn p plates

Iam thinking of a set of bf goodrich radial ta 235 60 14 otherwise brigstone eagers i dont think they make the yokos 352 s anymore tried to get a set for a mates torana and australia wide all they had was 265 in stock.
    I had bridgestone eagers on a hz wagon 245s but they used to scrub the inner guards on big bumps.
    Driver -1981 WB kingswood 253 4 speed
    Weekend- AC Cobra replica 302ho(425hp) 4 speed toploader
    Project Complete- SLR 5000 LH mock up(next door Neighbors)
    never late in a 5.0 litre

I'm not entirely sure you can even get Eagers anymore unless it will be someone's old stock. My wife's uncle had to source one from QLD to put on his Goss coupe.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Sandman Guru
    Talk to John Cain in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie area. He brings in US made tyres. BUT, most US stuff of consequence is 15". Not much of a drama though, just get some 15" wheels for the car! Cainy might be able to get these, or ROH may do them. Original WB Statesman wheels might be the go.

14 inch with white writing. You'd be best off going with BT goodrich radials from antique tyres. I think theyre in several states. I have 235 R14 60s on the back and about to put 225s on the front. I have 8 inch back rims and willl have 7 inch front rims.

Check em out here -
    http://www.antiquetyres.com.au/tyre-...rich-radial-ta

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    grown up in the 80's would be cool, but know what you know now, i would have so many cars, gts stuff and every sandman i could by and v8s not bloody 6 bangers, damn p plates
    Yeah, It would have been awsome... I would have stock piled as many parts as I could... lol

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Iam thinking of a set of bf goodrich radial ta 235 60 14 otherwise brigstone eagers i dont think they make the yokos 352 s anymore tried to get a set for a mates torana and australia wide all they had was 265 in stock.
    I had bridgestone eagers on a hz wagon 245s but they used to scrub the inner guards on big bumps.
    Okay, so BF Goodrich Radial TA, Bridgestone Eagers and Yokohama 352.. I will do some more reasearch on them.. Going by the yokohama website, they still make the 352.. But only in 15" :(

Quote Originally Posted by Taily View Post
    I'm not entirely sure you can even get Eagers anymore unless it will be someone's old stock. My wife's uncle had to source one from QLD to put on his Goss coupe.
    Yeah, I couldn't find any of the eagers with white writing on the net.. :(

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Talk to John Cain in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie area. He brings in US made tyres. BUT, most US stuff of consequence is 15". Not much of a drama though, just get some 15" wheels for the car! Cainy might be able to get these, or ROH may do them. Original WB Statesman wheels might be the go.
    Rightio, I will have a look... 15" wheels would be nice.. Are original WB statesman wheels 15"??

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    14 inch with white writing. You'd be best off going with BT goodrich radials from antique tyres. I think theyre in several states. I have 235 R14 60s on the back and about to put 225s on the front. I have 8 inch back rims and willl have 7 inch front rims.

Check em out here -
    http://www.antiquetyres.com.au/tyre-...rich-radial-ta
    Okay, that is very interesting... What are the BF Goodrich Radial tyres like?? Thanks for the link..
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...te-Shed-Thread

My HZ Sandman Panelvan Replica:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...nelvan-Replica

WHERE ARE YOU BHZ29069A!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 83 WB_Ute View Post
    Rightio, I will have a look... 15" wheels would be nice.. Are original WB statesman wheels 15"??
    import some corvette rims from the states, the same as the wb magnum and brock commodore, i might bring myself over a set next time my uncles container comes, or 15" gts wheels or convo pros

--- Updated ---

same style as magnum and brock, just incase anyone thinks i dont know the difference between commy and chev pattern

Banned
    Magnum had Momo wheels. Most caprice Magnums had the standard caprice 15" wheels though.

Matt, you'll find that most tyres that have a side with raised white lettering will usually only have that lettering on one sidewall only. Bridgestone Eagers, BF Goodrich radial T/A's and the A352 Yokies were made that way. Not everyone is in love with the raised white lettering and the manufacturers catered for it.

Hope that helps,

Regards Dave.
    Nunc est bibendum...

the factory 17x 9 Corvette rims ex mid 1980's style look good - i have seen a set on a WB stato...
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Thread Information