Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Way to sell a ute!

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    he also has a reconditioned fuel injected 5 litre for sale with computer $2950 and as for the ford / holden debate i cant see how anyone can say they hate all fords or they hate all holdens i would love to have a sundowner to add to my collection as well as drifter (chrysler) or even an XB GT coupe
    have to say im with you on this one as i am more ford than holden with 2 xb gt 2doors 1xy factory 351 toploader fairmont but i love sandmans and various other old school aussie muscle i have owned 2 sandman vans 1 sandman ute but i do hate the elizabeth limo (crumadore)
    Last edited by trash; 12-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.

I don't think he like this hq very much it needs to go to a better home

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    he also has a reconditioned fuel injected 5 litre for sale with computer $2950 and as for the ford / holden debate i cant see how anyone can say they hate all fords or they hate all holdens i would love to have a sundowner to add to my collection as well as drifter (chrysler) or even an XB GT coupe
    Too True we have both, some Fords I hate, eg. AU ugly things, some holdens I hate eg.crummadores, but I love holdens until WB and I like old Fords, and pretty much all old cars...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Learner Driver
    Everything old school made in the seventies was pretty good except the leyland p76 although I hear it was a good car just put together pretty roughly

Anything old is good. I've got a couple of Valiants (VG hardtop and VF ute) and an XE ute amongst the collection. Good assortment of 60's and 70's Toyota's as well.

Would love a Ford coupe to complete the Holden Ford Valiant trifecta. XA's and XB's will probably be out of the price range for a while. Maybe an XP coupe if one pops up at the right price.

Sandman Driver
    At least ur buying a completely fixed ute.. nothing to do on it... everything has been replaced... Might be going CHEAP!!!

Old school cars have better line more characteristics than that of the new models. The 70's cars rock...

He's put a price on his so called turd. Poor old Q'ey. He probably expected brand new ute drivability and discovered that owning something like this means a little bit of give and take.
    As for me, I'm like a monkey raised in a box, never wanting for the jungle. I only drive Q's so can't give a winging comparison to anything else.

Banned
    Maybe it is a lemon. Plenty of people have had problem plagued Holden lemons just as in any other make. I know one particular white Holden ute that has bailed its owner up a few times, but the previous ute never gave any dramas. Also know of some other Sandman owners on this site who were put off ever buying another Holden after buying a lemon HZ station wagon lol........(they now have a few Holdens again now though).

It's a rockin'
    my sandman is a lemon too sitting in the shed with a cover over it because i hate unreliable cars but they are vary basic cars so it only takes a bit of time and patience and at the moment i have no time but i would really like to take it to the drive in night on march 11 so hopefully another van will be back on the SA roads soon ........

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Maybe it is a lemon. Plenty of people have had problem plagued Holden lemons just as in any other make. I know one particular white Holden ute that has bailed its owner up a few times, but the previous ute never gave any dramas. Also know of some other Sandman owners on this site who were put off ever buying another Holden after buying a lemon HZ station wagon lol........(they now have a few Holdens again now though).
    Yup but never had problems with sandys tho....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information