Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new hoodlining

new hoodlining

Lame question but can you buy off the shelf hoodlining for sandmans in buckskin or do i have to get a trimmer to redo mine
    and is it better to buy new door trims or get mine redone in buckskin would like to know what people think which way to go is better
    oh one more question can or does any body do buckskin in carpet

As far as I know, herringbone headlining vinyl is available in a few colours. Some big motor trimming suppliers are Daleys, Radins and Paskal. If you haven't fitted one before I suggest you get it professionally done. It's a big job and not a good one to cut your teeth on. If you want reproduction door trims, there are only a few doing it. I can recommend Winner products in SA. Not cheap but very well made. Carpets are pretty much the same colours across all suppliers. You will want a front carpet and a rear (half) carpet for vans and utes. Original was loop pile, not cut. Door trims and moulded carpets most people can fit themselves. Moulded carpets are designed with allowances for a layer of under felt for a good fit. I'm not sure if a "buckskin" colour exists but variances of beige will be few so pick one that's close. Hope this helps
    1977 HX Sandman Van
    WANTED - Aquarius Sandman Ute

Be carful with buckskin......

If your doing it original not much of the trim was "buckskin" on the 63 trims.

Your dash pad depending on year could even meant to be tan.

If your doing it original drop me an email and I will send you some pics. Just let me know what trim code you have. 63v 63c or 63x or 63t

Thanks guys i will check my trim code and let you know how i go thanks once again hope mine looks as good as yours scotty when finished.
    cheers gene

Dash original for door trims spot on Sometimes u have to wait awhile. And if you are prepared to wait a little longer Reg at Muscle Car Motor Trimmers is the person for the headlining.
    Cheers Dave

Thanks dave i checked my tags again and my trim number is 63v so how do i find out what colour the console and the dash and carpet should be i presume the door trims and seats and hoodlining should be buckskin any info would be great before i go mental
    cheers Gene.

Can anybody shed some light on this topic
    cheers Gene.

i think that the 63C and 63V dash grains are different too.. its been something i have been looking at lately.....anyone know for sure.?
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Great is there anywhere this info is on hand got no idea where to start looking

Hi Gene why don't u ccome up for a drive to my place and blow the cobwebs out of your Torana Gene. The wifes Sandman Van is 63 v trim while it is worn its still pretty much original. Two tone dash painted console etc but pretty much untouched. My understanding is that the 63v buckskin is the early to mid HZ code for buckskin and 63c is on the late model HZs and coincides with 63c as found in the first commodores VB. Maybe find a commodore with 63c and compare? If I get a chance I will give Reg at Muscle Car Motor Trimmers a call he is bound to know.

Pm me for address if interested Gene

Cheers Dave

Thread Information