Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My HX P/V

Learner Driver

My HX P/V

i thought would post a couple of pics of my p/v. i am a long way of from having it on the road as i have heaps i wanna do to it. couple things on my mind are, i am in two minds as to whether to add another side window or fill the one in as i dont mind windows or windowless. (open to suggestions) the next issue i have is color there are so many colors to choose from the mind boggles. and i like the original rally wheels too (GTS wheels). again open to suggestions. Regards Carlo

IMG_0208.jpgIMG_0209.jpgIMG_0210.jpgIMG_0211.jpgIMG_0212.jpg

Fill em in, GTS wheels and whatever colour you could live with every day. Have a look here http://gallery.oldholden.com/Mr_Jones/paint+colours/ for examples of the H series factory colours.

Good looking van carlitto, window configuration is interesting. I worked with a guy who bought a HQ van new, and had the window's at the rear on each side.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Cool ride carlitto...i vote for Hacienda Blue with black outs and GTS wheels

Sandman Guru
    I don't mind windows, but those are ugly so my vote is to fill 'em in.

I vote for Cortez Red, GTS mirrors, paint the headlight surrounds black (like GTS/Sandman), HJ (or HX Belmont/Holden) grille, paintouts as per HZ Sandman and no stripes!

Learner Driver
    Thank you for all your great suggestions, i think i agree with filling in the window it is the way to go. i looked at the color chart link that you posted (Playwithme) and i think i am favouring Mandarin Red, but i am a long way off painting, i may even change my mind yet. regards carlo

If you like the look of the Mandarin red then get down to your nearest hobby shop and pick up one of the Biante HX panelvans in Mandarin Red. Then you'll be able to see exactly how it will look.

Sandman Driver
    Carlo nice one, what drive line??? have fun with it.

I have the same side windows on my Sandman mate. At first I wasn't a fan and had full intentions of finding someone to take it out, but since then it's grown on me. I'm currently in restoration, and am still indecisive whether or not the windows are going to stay. That being said, if you do decide to take them out, please please please search around and find someone who knows how to do it properly! That's the only way my windows are getting filled in! If I don't find anyone with experience, they're staying! :sorrow:

It's a rockin'
    just get it going and drive it as is and have yourself some fun and leave the jellybean mags on it,

Thread Information