Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possible hq sandman ute?

P Plater

possible hq sandman ute?

could anyone give me a rough guestemate on price of hq sandman ute in good original condition driveable!have just come across one i think!going to have a look tommorrow ! dont want to insult the owner and try to steel it! iff all the numbers are correct what price would you people put on it? i know its a bit hard whithout seeing it but i would appreciate any help !! cheers boalsie

You really need more info.

Such as factory options L31? M21?, condition its in now..... What its missing, what GTS parts are required.. How much rust.. Original colour or resprayed? What it needs to see the road again... etc etc. You said good original condition and drivable.. Anywhere from 8k to 15 would be my guess, sight unseen and with no further info..

Sandman Guru
    There was a really nice original HQ Kingswood XX7 that went through the auctions about 2 years ago. It was a really nice Monterey green example, basically 100% original and driveable, only change was a Supra 5spd had been fitted. It went for just under $15k. However I reckon today a survivor HQ Kingswood XX7 L31 M21 with metallic would have to pull $25k.

If what you've found is an XX7, it will depend upon what the body is like and what engine: 173, 202, 253 or 308. And also what colour.

P Plater
    thanks for youre help people!called around today spoke to the owners mother ! she said her son may consider selling iff i have a million$$$.he loves it so much.gunna put new engine in it.great to see a young fella who appreciates the old school car.just like i did when i was a young fella.lost count of how many times i said no the cars not for sale.had to put up a fence so people couldnt see it parked in the backyard. passed on my sandman .com info hopefully the young fella joins up so he can get some very helpful tips off the masters.!!!! cheers boalsie

Queensland formally of ACT Formally of NT.
    Nice, another territorian.

P Plater
    where you at cafiem?

Near Tennant Creek kind of. Used to be in Alice about 4yrs ago.
    You'd never know what you'd find in some of the sheds down there.

P Plater
    tennants not a bad place!was up there a few weeks ago. the block down south of town just past the cemetry looks like theres a heap of old holdens there.been watching youre progress on here and reckon youre doing a top job.keep up the good work

Spent an awesome 4.5 years living and working in the NT. Curtin Springs (cattle station near Ayers Rock), Alice (3 years) and Darwin. Loved every minute of it. May soon be heading back if I can get the stars to align again. Lotsa good friends and people in the Territory.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Thanks, still coming along very slowly, it's too hot in the shed to spend all day now, you'd know that.
    I'll have to have a good look next time I go through town.
    There's a yard there full including what looks like either HK/HD/HT monaros in various states of disrepair. I asked and nothing will ever leave the yard apprently.
    What do you do in Alice?

Sorry to hijack the thread but it looks like it was pretty much finished anyway.

Thread Information