Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HX Sandman Ute

What's good is they are all very different in appearence and distinctly unique.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Anyway, you're just jealous you don't get the better stripe package on your HJ. It's like the reserved old man's sandman isn't it? No sweeping sporting lines of the HQ, a lack of complete gts options and lairy stripes of the HX,HZ, GTS guards are the only saving grace really.

(This message should be taken in jest)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    What's good is they are all very different in appearence and distinctly unique.

Mauser
    Mauser, you just nailed it! I like the fact that they are all different and mean different things to different people. What is one person's dream ride may not be anyone else's cup of tea. My HJ ute has a few changes in the interior (things like wiring-in a HX blinker stalk and intermittant wipers, deleted the floor mounted high beam switch and a rare's HX-Z console insert) which may make some cringe (to be honest I'm not in love with the rare's insert) but I've made the interior the way I like it with off the shelf "Holden" stuff.

It doesn't stop me appreciating a "strictly original" build, or a 600hp blown and muralled monster - of any model.

Regards,

Dave
    Nunc est bibendum...

Sandman Guru
    HQ and HJ look very different, but to me HX and early HZ look the same, bar a few minor differences like mirrors painted and extra headlights. If you really like HZ but they are too dear, just buy a later HX (with RTS geometry) and stick a Premier front on it!

It's a rockin'
    my perfect van would be a HQ with HJ gts dash fuel injected V8 probably not a sandman tho but my first van was a HX sandman that i had for 15 years so i have a soft spot for the HX

Sandman Guru
    I basically agree (although I really do like HJ Sandman), but this is my suggested perfect combo:

HQ Kingswood Sandman for ute or Belmont Sandman van (in colour of choice).
    If not a ute, use the Kingswood spec hard trim that HX and HZ van got (chrome tail-lights, scuff plates etc).
    HZ dash, controls and trim but with HX silver fascia.
    HJ-HZ retractable seat belts.
    RTS suspension off the HZ or WB range.
    HJ's higher performance 308 (HJ 308 was the highest performance Sandman applicable engine).
    Gearbox of choice.
    Air.
    Steer.
    LSD.

Thread Information