Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Albury - Eastern States Van-In, Easter 2012 - Open invite to all

Albury - Eastern States Van-In, Easter 2012 - Open invite to all

As we know the Van Nats are to be held in WA this year, but for those of us who are not making the trip west the Majestic Vanners are to be hosting an event in the City of Albury this easter.

Majestic Vanners Australia present:

"Albury - Eastern State Van-In, Easter 2012"

QUOTE: (Rusty62TransAm - Majestic Vanners)

"For those of you who won't be travelling to WA for the Van Nats, Majestic Vanners will be organising a Van-In for all those interested in Panel Vans (i.e. an Open Invite to all Clubs and those not in Clubs) in Albury, NSW.

The City of Albury is on the Hume Freeway at the border of NSW and Victoria.

There are a myriad of local Attractions (including Wineries, Breweries, Olive Farms and the Hume Dam), Facilities, Shopping Centres and a full range of Accommodation available from sleeping under the Stars to 5 Star Motels and Apartments.

AlburyCity are keen for us to hold this Event and have indicated their support to do so.

The intent is to hold a Show n Shine at one of their nicely maintained Green Grassed Parks close to the CBD. Depending on numbers we may even be able to have some Vans at QEII Square in the centre of the City.

We have already had a lot of interest in participating from those we have spoken to."

"NOTE: the Event is open to all Vans including but not necessarily limited to:
    Small
    Medium
    Large
    Huge even
    Finished
    Unfinished
    Street
    Show
    Restored
    Accessorised
    Mild Custom
    Wild Custom
    Exhibition
    Competition
    Dragster
    Rally
    4 Wheel Drive
    Panel
    Box
    Converted
    All Years
    Vintage
    Classic
    Millenium (includes Box Vans and Commodore Vans)
    Australian
    Imported
    Registered
    Permitted
    Unregistered (Static Display Only!)

What's Not Welcome:
    Bad Attitude
    Trouble Makers

Is there anything else you would like to ad to the List? Feel Free."

There has already been alot of interest shown in this event and it is shaping up to be a big one. Please use the following link to register your interest in attending. Regular updates will be posted on this thread announcing details as they come to hand:

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.co...-invite-to-all

I look forward to hearing from you all, and to this event! Back in one of the old stomping grounds of vanning and the nationals - Albury/Wodonga!

Cheers,
    Karl.

Last edited by HQVAN; 10-01-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: link wasn't working

Vantastic idea! For those unable to make the trip to WA I really hope people can get behind this event too.

Congrats and best wishes in organising it.

I will be there Karl try and stop me.

TJ.

Cool. Most of the missus family is from Albury so there's a good chance she may want to go down there for Easter. Might give me a bit of motivation to get the HZ ready for rego. Wouldn't be the same turning up in a Commodore powered Hiace or a pimped up Estima (Tarago), even though they are both technically vans.

Also, I'd be a crap Son-in-Law if I didn't plug the In-laws cottage accommodation in Albury.
    http://www.alburydreamcottages.com.au/
    2 couples could share a cottage no worries, outdoor spa under the Gazebo, on a nice quiet street and very reasonably priced (I've been telling them for the last 2 years that it's way too cheap). Hopefully they're not booked for that weekend yet, but get your reservation in quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Vantastic idea! For those unable to make the trip to WA I really hope people can get behind this event too.

Congrats and best wishes in organising it.

Cheers Blocker! We hope to get as many vanners together as we can.
    So guys even if your van won't be finished in time, come down check out the vans, have a chat to some like minded people and get some ideas for your own project.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie383 View Post
    I will be there Karl try and stop me.

TJ.
    Nice one TJ, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Cool. Most of the missus family is from Albury so there's a good chance she may want to go down there for Easter. Might give me a bit of motivation to get the HZ ready for rego. Wouldn't be the same turning up in a Commodore powered Hiace or a pimped up Estima (Tarago), even though they are both technically vans.

Also, I'd be a crap Son-in-Law if I didn't plug the In-laws cottage accommodation in Albury.
    http://www.alburydreamcottages.com.au/
    2 couples could share a cottage no worries, outdoor spa under the Gazebo, on a nice quiet street and very reasonably priced (I've been telling them for the last 2 years that it's way too cheap). Hopefully they're not booked for that weekend yet, but get your reservation in quick.
    Awesome mate, hope you can make it. Hope it inspires you to get that HZ on the road!
    Cheers for the link, someone might like to use that, looks nice and is well priced.

Anyone else want to join us at the van-in at Albury this Easter?

It would be great to see sandmans at this event as well guy's and it is open to all forms of vanning.

TJ.

There seems there was an error in the link I posted in the first post, I have fixed it now, but for those who want to check the thread on the majestic vanners forum here it is again:

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.co...-invite-to-all

You may need to register to be able to reply to thread, but it is free, and the majestic vanners forum has a wealth of information on repairs and modifications for your van, as well as a detailed history and van register for show vans from back in the day.
    So it is well worth registering.... as well as being full of friendly, like minded vanners!

Hope the link works now!

We would love to come but we have a prior engagement. Is Friday and sat an option Karl?

Thanks j and r
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    We would love to come but we have a prior engagement. Is Friday and sat an option Karl?

Thanks j and r

We are planning to run the van-in for the weekend, so yes friday and saturday are an option for you, it would be great to have you guys there!
    We will be arranging a cruise which will probably happen on the Saturday. Arrangements are being organised at the moment, as soon as I have more details I will update them here.

Awesome to have you guys on board - looking forward to it!

Gidday Guys and Gals

Karl's been telling me all about this Forum and the People on here, it's all been very Positive.

We're Planning a huge weekend.

This is a loose Agenda which we will tidy up as we get closer.

Friday will be for Arrivals, Meet & Greet and find your way around town to stock up on Supplies, sharing Photos etc. with possibly a get together Dinner.

Saturday will be the Cruise Day with Lunch somewhere Quaint. Swimming if the weather's warm.

Saturday Evening will be the Light & Sound Spectacular. Followed by a short Night Cruise through Town, then Videos and maybe a BBQ.

Sunday will be the Show & Shine and a few Games.

Sunday Evening get together.

Monday departures.

We will have Sandman Trophies.

Ir won't be over the top.

It's all about meeting like minded people and having Fun!

I hope to see you there.

Due to limited spare time, most of the updates will be on http://www.MajesticVanners.com.

Hoping that some of you can make it.

Keep on Vannin'!

Regards

Rusty!

Thread Information