Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My sandman photo's... "Circa 1979..1981"

Banned
    Thats life Robbo, I wish my old man had never sold his model d John deere as it would be worth around 25 grand to one of those tractor collectors (would have paid to restore a sandman which is far more sensible) and his EH wagon. His old fargo ute is still here though, project number two.
    I bet you felt pretty slick cruising in it!:D

Hi wbute,
    they were great day's driving around in a sandman. It make's me feel really old to see them registered with historic plate's now. Although there are no sandman's around here anywhere.

Cheer's.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

FordF700

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Thats life Robbo, I wish my old man had never sold his model d John deere as it would be worth around 25 grand to one of those tractor collectors (would have paid to restore a sandman which is far more sensible) and his EH wagon. His old fargo ute is still here though, project number two.
    I bet you felt pretty slick cruising in it!:D
    We did up rodney's fathers farm truck, which was a hell of a project especially getting parts from USA...Looks great now, and has a 351 under the bonnett...been good as a water truck for gardens around here, as we have no water much....we enjoyed doing it though, and use it for our business along with our vans....remember commercial builders vehicles....;);) If everyone did up an old vehicle we would save our history...Yes when I think of all the A9X Toranas, and GTS monaros I used to drive around in and could have bought for nothing....hindsight I wonderful thing, not to mention XYGTHO...say no more

Banned
    Nothing special about dads fargo, just sentimental. He bought it new and Mum and Dad went on their honeymoon in it.
    I started working on it and then met the bride and that was as far as I got.
    Sounds like you must be in the west of central west?

Parkes

Nothing special about dads fargo, just sentimental. He bought it new and Mum and Dad went on their honeymoon in it.
    I started working on it and then met the bride and that was as far as I got.
    Sounds like you must be in the west of central west?
    Parkes, his parents are between Parkes and Bogan Gate......

Banned
    OK. Went through there a couple of times last year on way to Condo racing bikes. Small world.

Central West NSW.

I doubt you would have too much of a concern about rust out that way, it's a nice part of the world.

OK. Went through there a couple of times last year on way to Condo racing bikes. Small world.
    Lots of people go out to Condo bike riding....from all over..rodney actually out there now doing a building report on some flats....

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I doubt you would have too much of a concern about rust out that way, it's a nice part of the world.
    Not much rust here Yes we like it here although water is a problem....the sunshine coast is nice too, we went to Kenilworth after Frazer Island in Jan this year...

You can have some of our water, it has rained every day for the last month. We are so over it,would love to see the sun.

Our Cars current and Past

Rodney in 1986 just before we sold the van

Our EH we bought for a second car

the van with an ugly roo bar and racks for the canoe towing our old merlin with a 307 chev, we still use her each year, and doesnt miss a beat....

Rodney's Dad's old truck we restored, it will carry any un registered Sandmans about :D

My XR8

My Jeep I traded in the XR8 and bought this for camping and beach driving.....

Rodney's GT which we drive when we go to Sydney or Melbourne to look for Sandmans
    Last edited by jennie285; 22-04-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Trying to make pictures smaller

Thread Information