Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Australian Van Nationals, Pinjarra WA

2012 Australian Van Nationals, Pinjarra WA

Hi All, wondering who is going to travel by vehicle to the West Coast from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide?? Discussions are being held on and off forums in regards to when to leave and who's travelling together etc etc. So far, one suggestion is leave Melbourne Sat 31/3 and travel across, no rushing, enjoying the cruise and taking time to sniff the roses.... anybody like to meet up along the way....? Thanks Maz
    it's here and I love it!!

Hi Mazdragon ,

I'll probably be jumping on the train on the 29/3 and getting across that way, for me its a cost issue but if you can give some better dates / times as to when you'll be through adelaide i might change my plans and join a convoy.

Hi there..... there are still some discussions going on, but the general concensus is that we leave Melb on 31/3 (some are thinking of 30/3 in the late pm and then stopping somewhere for the night), that might be a goer for me too... not sure yet. I have the added difficulty (well, not really, am quite happy about it...) that i have my 2 nephews from overseas coming across as well and whilst i have 1 spare seat, I need another for the other one, so i am reliant on someone giving one of them a lift from melb to adelaide. In adelaide, it seems at this stage, we have a vehicle someone wants brought back to Perth, so they'll end up with their own wheels... so, long story short, leaving 30th (late) or 31st (bloody early).... into adelaide, pick up vehicle and cruise on.... will update here when i know more.

can't wait and it's only 5 mins from my house. Ravenswood Hotel would be a not to bad place to stay they have a couple motel style rooms

we'll be camping on site... it's much more fun! done the stay off site a few times and u do sometimes miss out on stuff.... just hoping all goes well with the drive across.... organised a trailer too so we can bring over more shite that we won't need.... lol

hey @the ski man we're in the process now of drawing up our itinerary... there'll be approx. 5 or 6 vans in one group plus the vehicle we're picking up for my nephews to drive across. The vehicle is in Dublin, you may know where that is. Leaving early Sat morning, probably stay over at Talem Bend or thereabouts then on Sunday pick up car and keep going... not going to rush across... and will be going via esperance etc on the way back. You and any others are welcome to travel with us. LMK if you're interested. thanks Maz

nothing like a road trip in a panno! im jealous. ive only got a short stroll from Perth. get on board interstaters!
    BQZ

well, why don't you drive to Adelaide and then you can join us for the road trip back?? or maybe meet us at Kalgoorlie or Norseman... anywhere along the line and you can drive in with us... just a thought, mayb some others would like to as well...

Hmmmm i got a little excited today and pulled fenders, bonnet, rad support, doors etc off my van. hopefully its all back together and i can cruise with you guys
    BQZ

oh dear.. full engine rebuild and body respray....33 out from the nats... good onya!!... well actually you'd have a few extra sleeps, but we're leavg in 33 sleeps....

Thread Information