Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Australian Van Nationals, Pinjarra WA

Sounds exciting, pity I cannot make it this year just too much on at the moment.

For those maybe wanting to join a convoy for the trek across:

1. Leaving 31/3/2012 8:00am Meet at Beaufort Mobil Service Station, Beaufort VIC also called Red Kangaroo Roadhouse (on LHS of h/way before you get into township). Travel to Port Wakefield - 670km, approx. 8 hours. Stay overnight at Port Wakefield Holiday Cottages 22 Burra St, tel 0407 603 949, or Port Wakefield Caravan Park Wakefield St tel 08-8867 1151

1/4/2012 If you want to travel via Ferry on the Sunday : book online or over the phone in advance. There are approx. 5 of us travelling by ferry, the others will be driving via Port Augusta. Details at www.seasa.com.au. Familiarise yourself with the ferry travel requirements.

ALSO BEWARE: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS ENDS 1/4/2012

2. 1/4/2012 Travel by ferry leaving 12pm from Wallaroo S.A. to Lucky Bay (Cowell) S.A. (2 hrs). Drive to Ceduna, overnite at Ceduna's Top Tourist Park, tel: 08-862 52290. OR, drive via Port Augusta to Ceduna to overnite. This is also the last stop with decent supermarket etc. to stock up on anything you may require for the trek across the Nullabor. Suggest book in advance

3. Overnite on 1/4/2012 at Ceduna.

4. 2/4/2012 - Leave Ceduna and travel to Cocklebiddy, WA - 770Km, approx. 8 hours - or basically however far we get. There are some things to see along the way

The rest of the way is pretty much suck it and see as there is stuff to see along the way. The plan is to arrive in Pinjarra probably on the Wed... or mayb even the Thursday depending on how much sightseeing we do and how we travel.

Above times and distances were taken off google maps.... any disagreement with your opinion on km's or timings... suggest you take these up with google good luck! Any queries, please let a Wasteland member know, or leave a note here or contact us via Vannats@live.com.au or via Facebook, or via phone... the options are endless...

Looking foward to this... it's been a long time coming.....

--- Updated ---

BTW only 27......:sleeping:

--- Updated ---

till we leave that is....
    it's here and I love it!!

17 till we leave.... getting excited now... tools/spares sorted... fluids sorted (for the van... i'll buy my fluids when i get over there.... lol). took him for a good run to ballarat and back on monday and all seems good.... keeping fingers crossed. So far we have 9 or mayb 10 vehicles to start the trek from Beaufort... Panther Club has meals sorted, power is on (via generators), all systems go... :D

So when are the nationals on maz what dates

5/4 to 9/4 in Perth.... over easter every year.. next year willl be caboolture in Qld

Cool i will be there for sure

details as folllows:
    Van Nats 2012 flyer.jpg

not long to go now.... we have 12 :sleeping: till we ... very and hoping all goes ositive: Looking forward to :camerasmiley: and and saying :gday: to everyone over there....

Anybody coming over with us to WA....or even if you're not coming... we are going to meet at the arranged servo meeting place in Beaufort VIC @ 7am for breakfast :teapot:(departure is still 8am)... if you want to come and join us for breakfast and wave good bye :sorrow:.... you are welcome to join us....

5 :sleeping: till we leave peoples... woohoo!! great cruising weather too 27 deg...sigh......

Thread Information