Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible bulk stainless bolt buy to suit hq-hz mabey wb panels etc

Leadfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    well im back off to blackwoods again, going to get 80 stainless screws for the inspection covers in the back of the ute and the scuff plates and dozen smaller screws for the black plastic vents inside the door arch and behind the seats, really only need 70 for the inspection covers and 8 for the vents but i few will find homes elsewhere, hopefully there cheap being so small, if anyones interested this time same as above, good with the late notice arent i ,
    [MENTION=479]HX76King[/MENTION], howd you go mate, got some new bolts???

Not yet just compiling info at the moment. I still need to bring my van from Sydney (no space). It's only been 12 months ha ha. Give me a yell if you want a hand with anything I'm heaps keen to learn/see what your up to. :D
    Black WB bodied HZ panelvan with a 400 chev called Frankie :nerviness:

Aquarious HX windowless Kingswood project.

ah i see, when i went back fred tappings was shut, blackwoods were open but they didnt have anything, so ill try fred tapping when there open again, yeah if i need anything in town i might give you a yell, im 100ks from dubbo unless you wanted to drive that far, if you need anything when you get the van im normally in town a few days a week,or need parts, if i dont have it i can get just about anything you want, other than monaro coupe stuff, theres 4 blokes in gil and 3 in dubbo that all have parts, i was looking at the photos of you van to try see where abouts in dubbo was to whether id seen it before, that makes sence why i have no idea where it was, not in dubbo

Leadfoot
    Not yet, getting closer to having it in Dubbo. Can't wait. 100ks ay? Sounds like fun. Ha ha

cool ill have to come check it out when you get it, you doing the repairs yourself or a panel beater?? yeah about 100 my utes in gil atm getting worked on ive done what could now its up to serious beating,ive been doing what i can but shrinking the quaters is too good for me , i did all the rust repairs myself tho, some of it i would have proablly got away with, but im all for preventative repairs tho

Leadfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    cool ill have to come check it out when you get it, you doing the repairs yourself or a panel beater?? yeah about 100 my utes in gil atm getting worked on ive done what could now its up to serious beating,ive been doing what i can but shrinking the quaters is too good for me , i did all the rust repairs myself tho, some of it i would have proablly got away with, but im all for preventative repairs tho
    Definitely should come and check it out. I will be getting a shop to do the work. I have no experience at all and nobody to learn from... Yet. Ha ha I might have a go at a trailer first. I will be doing as much of the mechanical stuff by myself if I can. I will PM you when I get it to Dubbo.

Bet that you are getting keen as for your ute to be done, when do they think that it will be done?

cool will do, i didnt have any experience either when i first started, i could hardly weld, just learn as you go, you learn fast , buckle is worst got to be very careful, when you get it if you want to save a few bucks/learn to fix a bit of rust, you can bring out and we'll have a crack at the guards, nosecone etc a panel shop will charge a bomb to do it, rust i can deal with, getting dints good enought to paint is painful
    bloody oath im ready for the ute to be done, i was meant to have it done 6months ago, my panel beater is getting a bit of age to him and starting to wear out, he needs a shoulder reconstruction so hes pretty limited to what he can do, hopefully itll be done within a few months, im only waiting on the body everything else is ready, itll def be done by this may, its been 2yrs since i got my first ute, and now have 9 vehicles, 1 hq and 1 wb ute are waiting to be done up and a hz sedan has potentional but its a bit more work, the rest are parts or to cut up for rust repair metal

Leadfoot
    There is not that much rust in it, but the rust it has is in poo spots that I think need to be done properly ie firewall. There is no rust in the front end other than that.

Wouldn't mind learning from you though. I like the commodore diff conversion that you have done among yor other stuff.

It'll all be worth the wait I'm sure. What drive line are you going to put back into it? I dunno if you saw my other post about the Hurstune turbo 253 but that seems really cool to me.

that sucks proper rust, must have had a front end swap at some stage, next time i feel like fixing a guard ill let you know and you can have a go, ive only got 1 guard and finish the nosecone and ill have a spare rust repaired hz twin headlight front incase i hit a roo or maybey for the wb later
    yeah the commy diff i was happy with, ill probally do it again next ute, there so easily available and cheap and now i have a diff set up itll be easy to copy, i think its a good converison, new axles to change the stud pattern were $600/pair but that had to be done, it should be engineered also which is just another thing to do,
    ive got a vp commy v6 and 5spd going into becasue i cant drive v8 until im 21 and insurance will be a shocker until 25 i think it is,
    yeah i think i saw that 2 videos, looked cool , i think the inj304 out of a commy or vn headed 308 is the way to go, then turbo/supercharged if i feel like it and can afford it, once the utes on road i might start building a v8, efi stroker i reckon

Leadfoot
    That would be awesome... Hmmm thought that you were older with how good your stuff turned out. I'm only just 22 so still pretty young too.

I was thinking of the efi 304 route, who knows I change my mind more than my undies some times lol. I liked the idea of the turbo 253 because I can keep the original block. Plus it's something different to have a 12 second 253, or stupid that may be why there is only a handfull. See how I go.

I don't think that you would have to worrie too much about being picked up on the crummydore diff ;). Are they strongerand better LSD's? What have you found to be good about them.

yeah i thought you might have,i thought you might have been older aswell, im on my 2nd year of welding at tafe and looking for a apprenticship at the same time, a 12sec 253 would be cool to boast about, most reckon there not worth the time and money and then do 12sec runs all under bonnet, i like sleepers,
    yeah getting picked up for the diff is unlikely but if its written off the insurance might not pay out, ive got to get the v6 and 5spd engineered anyway, so the diffs not a big deal, im not real sure about the diffs strength wise, i just had one in the donour car so i used it, also got 4 wheel disks, i would say there stronger until a certain point like anything, look at all the crazy stuff they do to commodores, turbos and supercharged v8s, ls1 conversions, ls1 turbo conversions and they seem to handle the power, commodore lsds are alot easier to get than sals, mines a 3:08 single spinner atm, later on ill upgrade to lsd, mabey change the ratio to 3.45 lsd, see how it handles for the time being, top speed on P plates is a bit risky, as much as i like it in a hotted up, loudish old holden ute with p plates, screams look at me :(

Thread Information