Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 308

if your putting a 4 speed behind it you need a dellows or castlemaine rod shop bellhousing..for auto you need an adaptor plate..

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    i didnt realise they made 4 spd bellhousings for turbo blocks i thought anything with a 4 spd had trimatic blocks i have a 308 from a vl commodore and it is trimatic pattern but it needs reco but i can get a really nice 308 but it is turbo pattern hope that makes sense
    They are just a Chev to Aussie 3 or 4spd bellhousing. Keep your eyes on Ebay. Just get one to suit the clutch fork you will be using (push or pull).

It's a rockin'
    thanks everybody for your help all i need now is some spare time

the conversion for the bellhousing is around $900 from CRS.
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Learner Driver
    Dellow want about $300 for a chev pattern to Aussie 4-speed bell housing... but if r not in a hurry u can usually pick them up 2nd hand for about $150, at swap meets or via ebay

cheers

It's a rockin'
    thanks everyone but i have just purchased a HZ ute with a reco 308(11 months old) and 4 spd(2 months old) so i now have a motor and box i will probably part it out or sell the rest of it as is it is neat and tidy but has been hit in the left rear quarter real shame its too good to wreck factory 253 4 spd 308 ratio diff kingswood

Hi, I have played around with a bit of this in the past, there are a few traps to consider.
    An hour or so is well spent on google seeing all the different, pedal, clutch, bearing carrier combos, released through hq to wb (late HZ).Including full rat trap, 1/2 rat trap, full cable, push pull forks and stuff.They can all be made work but just do a little home work.
    I fitted a dellow housing in my HJ van recently, with a full cable clutch.(late HZ WB & put the wrong bearing carrier in)
    The danger of having a little bit of knowledge & not alot.

cheers Vic

Thread Information