Thread: WB front end...??

Learner Driver

WB front end...??

Hey there.

I was doing a bit of pondering and seeing as the price for a nice twin light front end is on the increase, it got me to thinking......
    if you where to use a premier radiator support panel etc, could you bolt the front clip off a WB onto it and and mount the twin headlight set up??
    Or would it be too much messing around and just easier to source a decent twin light??

Was just a thought anyways.

Any info would be great..

Cheers.

Sandman Guru
    You could, but no grille or headlight surrounds will fit, indicators won't align with guards. I've seen it done with a HJ-HZ single light support and a home-made grille but it looked like something from Mad-max. If you are able to weld well, go and find a damaged twin nose, cut the top half off and weld it to the bottom half of a single nose. I used to do this when I was in high school, so it isn't all that hard. You can do the joints basically under where the bar goes so it doesn't even have to be perfect. I used to buy every smashed twin nose I could find and make them up out of the good bits.

im fixing my 2nd twin headlight rad support and nosecone, first one i cut the lower halves and welded a single front lower on, current one i just unpicked the spot welds on the brace/reinforcement on the lower and replaced it, nosecone is a bit different has been in a crash of some sort and smashed one corner in, which someone has cut and shut another headlight section on, and done a very dodgy job, but itll be ok when its finished

Sandman Guru
    Might be one of mine from 20+ years ago!

i got it off rodney and jennie, the 2 sections had been overlapped and made rust traps, it was just all tacked together and they still managed to warp it, ill post a link to my shed [MENTION=891]Sandman_79[/MENTION] and you can have a look, im only 17 so if you can weld its easy, just time comsuming

--- Updated ---

heres a bit i havent got any more recent photos, ive all but finished it just need to grind all the welds back
    this is the current one, for a spare
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/e...t-rust-repairs
    this is the one going on my ute
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/e...p-rust-repairs

Sandman Guru
    Not one of mine if overlapped, mine were all but joints. How you did the nose is how I used to do them where possible. I did a fair few supports by cutting the twin headlight pieces out of smashed supports and welding them into a single headlight support.

yeah i didnt think so, it was way dodgy, i butt join them, the first nose cone i put a put a new blinker on it aswell, just left it on the single headlight bit and cut the twin headlight front, its just so time comsuming getting it all right, straight, limited buckle, my pannel beater didnt know id done it until i showed him and it was bare metal, same with the floor in the back of the ute he didnt believe that id replaced a the section until he had a good look, buckle is the worst but, i would rather fix rust than dints

Learner Driver
    ahh nicely. CHeers for that. SAved me a lot of piss farting around and certain failure from trying to blend the 2 together then ending up with 2 fucked front ends!! I hate wasting shit, let alone holden bits and pieces that are only getting harder to find!!

Thread Information