Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VU Mambo Sandman van

I'm pretty sure the guys who made/make the canopies told me there is only the one Mambo Sandman concept.
    As for the times, i'm not old enough to have driven back then, i certainly love the music and bands from back in the 70s.
    I also get out and camp at a beach in my modern day panel van all the time!
    -it gets a lot of looks actually, parked up on a beach with the tailgate down - I think a lot of people have fond memories of doing that or wanting to do that in the day!

Hi all... yes, the van is on display on Salmon St Port Melbourne at GMh along with other concept cars, and old FJ, EFIGY etc etc. Just ring the reception no. and i'm sure they can tell you when the shop is open to view. The do also sell merchandise, and have some model vans for sale as well, don't ask which models, can't remember. I went there on a customer visit so i actually got the whole tour.... yay me! And yes, the things we used to do are mostly not allowed anymore, however, you just need to find some remote beaches or quieter ones and u'd b amazed at what you can still get up to in a panel van.... lol ;) It's up to us left overs from the bygone era to make sure the generation coming up knows what you can and can't do in the hope they will keep the memories happening...
    it's here and I love it!!

Very well said Mazdragon.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdragon View Post
    Hi all... yes, the van is on display on Salmon St Port Melbourne at GMh along with other concept cars, and old FJ, EFIGY etc etc. Just ring the reception no. and i'm sure they can tell you when the shop is open to view. The do also sell merchandise, and have some model vans for sale as well, don't ask which models, can't remember. I went there on a customer visit so i actually got the whole tour.... yay me! And yes, the things we used to do are mostly not allowed anymore, however, you just need to find some remote beaches or quieter ones and u'd b amazed at what you can still get up to in a panel van.... lol ;) It's up to us left overs from the bygone era to make sure the generation coming up knows what you can and can't do in the hope they will keep the memories happening...
    Thanks for the info Mazdragon and others, next time I visit Melbourne I would like to check these cars out and would be nice to do a tour. So I have to ring and find out more about this.
    Don't Come Knocking If This Van's Rocking

Thread Information