Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if u seen a accident would u stop

if u seen a accident would u stop

Ok heres the scene you see a car fly off road - freeway in middle of afternoon, its raining, and car ends up in bushes in middle of freeway hittting a few trees on way in before stopping just before crossing the road - the on coming traffic :(

Would you stop?

I probably would. While nothing that extreme, I've stopped at a couple of accidents before.

Depends on where i am in respect to the traffic. If it was beside me on the freeway and heaps of traffic, then no as it would cause another accident. If i was a few car lengths back and able to stop safely, then yes. BUT if i saw blood and guts then i'd throw up and $hit myself
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

If it was a HQ sandman i would.

Hell yea I would stop...

pull out the phone and upload it to youtube like everyone else. Hopefully I might get some footage of a bully getting bashed up too!

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    Depends on where i am in respect to the traffic. If it was beside me on the freeway and heaps of traffic, then no as it would cause another accident. If i was a few car lengths back and able to stop safely, then yes. BUT if i saw blood and guts then i'd throw up and $hit myself
    Agree with Agro. If youre on a freeway its hard to stop and youve gotta have faith that someone else will give em a hand.

I was at this crash Sunday night cos it was just round the corner from my house. Car wrapped around a pole by the roof. Unbelievable. Trapped for 3 hours and they had to be cut out through the floor.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/lo...t/2364108.aspx

Teenagers are idiots. Not all of course but these ones certainly are.

Stopping on a busy freeway would be difficult, of course depending on the time of day. If I couldn't stop I'd at least inform the emergency services. Gotta look out for your fellow brother. Plus karma is a bitch!

P Plater
    As said above, if there's lots of other cars on the road, and it's not safe, then I just hope someone else will stop (they usually do).

I've stopped at a few accidents that I've seen happen ahead or to the side. The worst part is having to wait around for ages (well after the ambos have gone) to give statements to the cops.

I've also been 'burnt' so to speak by an asshole, which makes me wary of stopping when there's little traffic or other people around.

I watched a guy lose it on a roundabout one night, and plough through the front yard of a house - narrowly missing the water meter, and wiping out a 10 foot high pine tree with his XB (pushed the radiator into the fan). The house owner saw me pull up - I left the car idling while I checked if the driver was OK (he was hunched over the wheel) and the home owner took my keys out of the ignition & held them, telling me, in a thick european accent "you must stay and tell police what happen, you witness" and wouldn't give me they keys back. I tried a few times to get them, but he went inside his house & locked the door. As soon as the cops turned up, I told them he "stole" my keys from my car, and wouldn' give them back. Cops told him to return them, he said "not until he tells you this idiot wreck my garden" - so I agreed, he handed the keys back, and replied with "I saw nothing, I was only helping the driver out of the car."
    The guy blew a massive number on the breathalyser, which is the obvious reason he crashed, but he wasn't hurt. I actually met my wife at that accident - she stopped as well.

One of the ladies from work recently stopped at an accident at Bella Vista, where a pulsar flipped onto it's lid, landing in the median strip of Norwest Blvd.
    She left her car unlocked (driver's door only) while she rushed across to see if the driver was OK. Came back and her phone, sunglasses & all the change in the console was taken. Lucky her handbag was in the boot (she was previously a victim of a snatch & grab off the passenger seat). Accidents can bring out the worst types of people.

Sorry to post and leave but had calls to make and coffee to drink

I was the poor bastard that had the accident, I was driving home on freeway in the New Corolla, pissing down and was taking it easy there were a few cars about, I was following a 4wd, sparay all over the road and we were going up to a truck in left lane, so moved to right to go round, I had a good safe distance from 4wd he had been braking on and off for a bit with large pools of water on road earlier but saldy has we were going past truck he must f missed it and I never seen it I hit it and pushed me straight in to grass and no coming back I headed for the scrub to pull me up, lucky for me there were a few 100mm trees to slow me doewn and stop me from heading into other side

I stopped breathed and thought thank fork im ok, waited got out, it wasnt flat out traffic but I though im out of here in case some one else follows me in, no one stopped for i got my shit, my grocceries got my phone keysstill no one, locked it and walked home, lucky for me I live about 15 mins walk through the bush so started the trip

I called insurance no fing help, I called a tow truck guy and he said meet me there, cops had been and put tape on a tree and we pulled her out and shes on way to yard this morning

Still cant beleave no one stopped it was a clear section, what if it was a women with kids, my wife etc, a old lady anything, I was lucky

Still mad, still cant beleave it

Poor Corolla,

Yeah, that sucks. You might not have been visible to traffic though. The people that saw you go in probably didn't have time to stop and anyone after that would have been concentrating hard on watching the road. A mate of mine managed to reverse park his sisters car right under a bush on the side of the freeway to the point where you couldn't see it at all.

Thread Information