Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honeycomb wheels, what are they worth?

Honeycomb wheels, what are they worth?

bloke showed me some old honeycomb wheels of a monaro he asked if i wanted them, i dont but a family friend has a hz monaro that had factory honeycombs which he changed, its mostly original, hes had it since brand new, allways sheded, he goes out and starts it every now and then, the only thing different is he changed the rims and put chrome bumpers, i was going to tell him and see if he was interested, how much is a set worth, theres 4 which need painting etc and one thats been put into a gutter etc and has a massive dint, but the rubber centre bit would be ok still, cant find any on ebay, just a rough estimate would be good,
    cheers myles
    Last edited by V6HQUTE; 01-11-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Sandman Guru
    Are they HJ-HZ N66 rims or HX LE rims? They are b@stard rims to balance properly.

i reckon if you stick with a hundred per wheel youd be safe. a set just sold over here for $100 and then the buyer relisted them at $400. similar scenario to GTS rims.. the centres are where you get stung :knockout:
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Are they HJ-HZ N66 rims or HX LE rims? They are b@stard rims to balance properly.
    no idea, he mentioned le monaro but i didnt know there was a difference, does it matter, they'd probally just sit in onld mates shed for when he sells the monaro to go with it, he doesnt drive it and its not registered, he bought it brand new

--- Updated ---

that sounds good i might give both blokes a ring, are they hard to sell, he reckons he cant sell them, there ugly as, bit of dish would have helped, but in the end its just to make the monaro more original and more$$$$$$

Sandman Guru
    I stuffed up too, they are PE1 rims not N66.

From what I remember HX LE rims are gold and have a smooth texture/paint. HJ-HZ PE1 rims are silver and they are a rougher texture. An old memory, but HX LE rims might have HX embossed into the rubber under the centre cap.

these were silver but needed new paint it was all cracking off, had no centre caps, what are they worth fixed up?

They're probably only worth the cost of restoration fixed up. To bring big dollars they'd need to be done really well to full original specs.

If you're getting them for nothing I'll swap you for something you need for your ute next time someones doing a trip from my area to yours or vice versa. I've got a HZ GTS too but yet to get a set of Honeycombs. Was thinking of getting a set of those 17" replica's from the US.

yeah i spose, if the family friend doesnt want them ill keep them, im not paying nothing, but not as much as a vombile reckoned a set went for, why what do you have to swap:Chin: , yeah ive seen the 17's they look heaps better, but i spose its not original, why

with no caps and trim rings in the condition you say..$50 each if you can get that much..ive got some and have been quoting them at that but havent sold yet..next person that rings me gets em for 25 bucks each..

what condition? i just bought 5 for $100, one has been put into a gutter/culvate etc but it'll be good for the inside rubber bit if nothing else, just gotta get them home

Thread Information