Thread: Van wante......Ute for sale.......

P Plater

Van wante......Ute for sale.......

Hi all. My name is Rockape, aka Pete. I am chasing a panelvan, preferably a HJ-HZ windowless in good condition. I have been looking for a while and after a number of close calls i am still vanless. I am willing to pay up to 12k BUT for this money i want something that needs nothing done to it......i just want to get in it and drive it. I want to add my own wheels and trim the rear but no body nor mechanical work and i think from what i have seen for this $ that is a reasonably fair expectation. I live in Mackay and am planning on driving home to Mildura for Christmas.....IN MY VAN.....not my BF one tonner.
    I am in possession of a 1978 HZ Absinth yellow ute which i stupidly bought from ebay sight un seen after the frustration of vans being so hard to find....i really like the utes too. The ute looked amazing and the seller told me all the right things, including needing nothing for roadworthy and being rust free. Well, the ute shows up and from 10 metres it is absolutely gorgeous.....up close is a different story (like Gold Coast girls). It has runs in the paint, white still showing through the sills, has rust and bog in all the usual areas. Was fitted with sill trims at some stage as the useless pick didnt even bother grinding off the rivets, they still sit proud of the sills. Also, blinkers, wipers, horn, washers, interior light, and god knows what else do not work. SImply put, i was had. Ute is still a gorgeous car but i am a miner and have NO time for rebuilds, which i told this idiot. Ute was on ebay bout a month ago with white interior, some of you will be familure with it i am sure. Anyway, i payed close to (all up) 9k for this thing, it is now for sale for 6k, am open to offers.
    78 HZ ute, GTS guards, dash, mirrors. 253 Trimatic, on gas. Sunroof, twinheadlight front, psteer. Remote cd player, white door cards, dash pad, console and wheel. Monza race seats. Sandman decal on tail gate. Brand new 18" fully chromed wheels with brand new 235 rubber all round. Ute runs and sounds great, drives tight. Needs lots of TIME, not so much $ for the savvy. Am really pissed off, but my own fault. I bought 2k worth of refurbed gts wheels with brand new caps, trims and red wall tyres for this thing, they sit sadly in my bedroom doing nothing.......(they not for sale, just demonstrating my level of disappointment...they WILL go on my van hehe). No rego nor s/c.
    Any way ute for sale, van wanted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ute looks fantastic like i said and i can forward images via sms only. And i dont have to sell ute to purchase van, so if you have one please contact me. I may sell the wheels off it if anyone interested but they are not really a Sandy thing in my mind. No spacers so fit Camaro too.
    My email is petesnaith@hotmail.com but prefer direct on 0459901029
    Thanks heaps to all. Go Hawks
    Last edited by Rockape; 23-10-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: 'wanted' spelled wrong but could not fix

Thread Information