Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sandman shell wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaloo View Post
    First person to say what? That I like rust? Lol it was sorta sarcastic. I like a challenge is what I ment... is everyone
    Hating on me coz I'm a girl? Not feelin the love round here :(
    Theres lotsa love for you round here and anyone who wants to do up a van. You wont find a more knowledgable bunch. All we're sayin is your better off finding a rust free shell if possible to save you the time and money headache of it all down the track, when its been in your shed for a year and youve already gone way over budget and youre losing enthusiasm.... But if you want a project and you dont mind rust then by all means go for it. Good onya I say, and your market options probably just tripled.

Youll find plenty-o love and help here, so welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by lisaloo View Post
    is everyone hating on me coz I'm a girl? Not feelin the love round here :(
    Why certainly not! The meer sound of it makes my heart palpitate, my muscles twitch, my blood pressure sky-rocket! I think the word girl is prettiest word in the whole wide world!

Learner Driver
    Oh rolla... That was lovely! And hainzy! Thank u guys! I totally understand you guys r just trying to help. That's why I came here! I'm just keeping my options open

Feelin the love now

this love i will give for free....get a wad of cash, find a sandman van thats been done and restored nicely, go see it, if you like it and the price is sorta ok, haggle a bit, buy it, make some subtle changes like wheels for example if it bothers you that someone else built the van, turn key, drive enjoy and just maintain the car and wash polish and admire, beats doin a resto anyday, its easier, less stressful and way cheaper in the long run, trust me on this one

Sandman Guru
    ^^^Wisest words Frank has ever spoken!

Learner Driver
    I do appreciate ur words of wisdom but the hole ideas here is, I want to do it up from scratch. It may take years and heaps of cash but it's something I've always wanted to do!! Now that I've worked on the cars I have had, to get some experience and knowledge, I'm keen for the challenge! I don't by any means think it will be a walk in the park, but I've always wanted my own sandman. I don't want someone else's project, I want my own

you go for it girlfriend,the HQ sandman that i purchased had way to much rust so i brought a rustfree HQ shell and i am loving the rebuild.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by b-rock-05 View Post
    you go for it girlfriend,the HQ sandman that i purchased had way to much rust so i brought a rustfree HQ shell and i am loving the rebuild.
    Thank you! awesome to hear! how long u been working on it for? love to see some pics?

lisaloo I have a HJ sandman van that has been chopped, it has rust and bits and pieces-. no engine body only you can have it for $100 less than what I can get it for scrap. It's in Adelaide too

It's a rockin'
    Sandman for sale in gawler on carsales with windows another one parked at ultra tune Gawler without windows i was told it might be up for sale soon both Green HJs

Thread Information