Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WB Brock Magnum Ute

Banned

WB Brock Magnum Ute

I can't find a thread directly relating to this/these ute.

So I have some info on it but feel free to correct me and add more info.

The one I know of was a locally owned ute during the early 90's. Sadly I did not take the opportunity to buy it when it was sold.

It was a white wb ute with bench seat, column auto and statesman dash. As far as I know it was a stroked 5 litre. It had white wb kings wood body moldings which would have been unique to that ute as all kings wood moldings were black. Story goes he hit a roo, got panel beater to fix it, they then found out how unique it was due to the moldings.

Last time I saw it, it had a 5 post bull bar, And a fair few stickers on it. Typical country ute of the 90's!

As far as I know the blue one that pops up on the net all the time is made from a wrecked magnum sedan. So not a genuine brock ute.

Sandman Guru
    I do remember hearing that HDT made one Magnum ute, and they built one from a secondhand ute for a customer. I don't know if the new one was built by GMH as a 5.0L or not. Dr Terry told me last week he saw a genuine WB L31 ute a week earlier. It had L31 on the BODY plate, T on the VIN and had a WT prefixed (original) engine in it. It was a Holden though, not a HDT so not a Magnum.

there is fairly extensive threads on the ute or utes on one of the brock forums...mick commodorenut can enlighten us on these i would think..

Youll have to do the join up thing but check it out here. Way more magnum info than anyone could need...

http://www.bertiestreet.com/forum/vi...655531c8cd73c0

Banned
    Yeah i wasnt trying to start a brock magnum site, just some basic info on the magnum ute as it came up on another thread. That bertiestreet site is a pain in the bum. I will try it again later.

problem with HDT is everyone thinks they're an expert and most of them are so misinformed it's not funny

The guy you want to speak to is Blair Warren, this guy is the closest thing to an expert you will find

He's the guy that owns the red VL Director (HDTIRS) and was a personal friend of Peter and Bev. Even know Dowker personally

Some goes with Commodores in general, there's so many that think they know everything and i can usually run rings around them and im far from an expert
    Last edited by 0488TINTER; 04-10-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Banned
    OK, got the info from its current owner. It started life as a 6 cylinder WB. In 1988 it went to Brock and was converted to 5.6 litre, had the stato interior and suspension Brocked all for around $20000. So big dollars in 88! It appears it is the ute I knew round here.
    The other point is that it is the ONLY Magnum ute built.
    So its white, 5.6, stato bench seat, column auto, stato dash. It started life in Tamworth NSW and hung around the area for years.

I can remember this ute in a workshop in Orange in the late 90's. I seem to remember it having an electronic overdrive unit on back of transmission.Tunnel looked to have been bashed up to fit. Long time ago and memory a bit fuzzy.

Banned
    Yeah apparently it had a Doug Nash overdrive which has since been removed. Orange around 95 would be right as the fella from here who owned it was going to Orange Ag college.

Sandman Guru
    I think that then is the car built from a 2nd hand vehicle. As far as I am aware there was one built from a new vehicle. HDT would still have records in any case.

Thread Information