Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone or Samsung Galaxy 2

Iphone or Samsung Galaxy 2

OK easy question for some but I have no idea I happy with my old school nokia, its does every i need ring n answer, pics vids and on net, yes screen would be nice if it was bigger

Wife wonts to update so why not if shes getting one why should i miss out

Iphone3, Iphone 4 or Samsung Galaxy 2

What i like about Iphone you can dock it in many things but to be honest I have nothing to dock it in (lol)

so whats your thoughts and verdicts

Also can I have bluetooth on either of them, have handsfree in VE so hndy when driving that car

Banned
    iphone 4 is great. Has blue tooth and just works well. Even a slow farmer can use it.

Yep, iphone4 is nice and user friendly, has about all the features you could ever need and is a bloody handy thing to have in your pocket. I've never tried the Samsung, but I'm very happy with my iphone.

iPhone5 will be out soon which will inevitably reduce the price of the iPhone4 if you want the Apple experience.
    Samsung is good and runs on Android 2.3 operating system.
    HTC Incredible S also runs Android but v 3.0 operating system.

All phones above have bluetooth so not an issue.

My preferences and peeves.

Apple will not dock into everything, it only allows you to connect to other Apple items and through iTunes. In my opinion it is the most restrictive phone computer system on the planet, however it is good for people who are not technically adept and are happy to do things the way Apple force you to do them. e.g. Transfer files through iTunes only, Download music through iTunes only, Access apps through iTunes only (getting the picture?), no USB connection on iPhones and will not display Flash animations on websites.

Android based phones allow you to connect to any USB device, plug it to your computer with out programs (like iTunes) and drag and drop music, files, picture straight to or from your phone and of course there is the Android market where you have most if not all Apps that iPhones have.

/end rant.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Yep, iphone4 is nice and user friendly, has about all the features you could ever need and is a bloody handy thing to have in your pocket. I've never tried the Samsung, but I'm very happy with my iphone.

oh and to add, you can put the HTC or Samsung in your pocket too.

Banned
    you can eat an apple if you get hungry, try eating an android.

my oldies have iphones and they have nuttin but dramas all the time (versions 3 and 4) my chick just bought a samsung galaxy and loves it

id go android if i needed a blower. lucky works got me covered with an HTC. its a bit of a banger but fairly reliable
    BQZ

iphone 4 FTW however come the iphone 5 i'll be updating and then it'll be iphone 5 FTW! xD

Sandman Guru
    I have had a iPhone for for over a year now and cannot fault it. If you are a tchno head and happy to work things out yourself get an Android. If you like to do it the easy way get an iPhone (as everyone that has an @sshole has one!) and for example you can just ask the old lady next to you on the bus and she'll show you what you need to do.

P Plater
    I've been running Iphones since the 3 first came out, and I've had no problems with them.
    My work nokia used to give me dramas with the VE bluetooth, and cause all sorts of echoes, but the iphone had no such issues.

If you want to put music on it, then import your own MP3 collection into itunes. I've got 20gb worth on my current one, and it's all ripped from my own CDs.

It doesn't affect you now, but down the track it's something to consider - I've now got an FG ford, and the iphone works through the Ford's audio system (they provide an ipod/iphone specific plug in the console) and it integrates into it, allowing you to use the Ford's display & stereo/steering wheel controls to work your music collection - no other phone can do that.

The iphone is also so easy to learn - my 13 month old neice knows how to scroll thru the pics & take photos now.....

another vote for iphone ive had 2 now ands love them and are very easy to use. i also import my own music, and even make my own ringtones from my own music. bluetooth used to be handsfree in the ute, and play music through the ute, the same was in my skyline, and the golf it hooks up with aws well, ive not worke dout how to play music that way throgh the golf yet, but thats the car not the phone i also dock it to tiny speakers, to the samsung surround sound, and my sony clock radio. they charge whilst docked to all as well.

ive heard a few people with the galaxys who have had a few issues with them running very slow. but im not sure, a lot of people also have issues with iphones, i think its just technology always has quirks ,and the number of peopel using them is hundreds of thousands so bound to get unhappy campers along the line

--- Updated ---

oh the video and photo quality is also very good on the iphone 4.
    1973 HQ with HZ front. Currently waiting for its resto.
    308 for sale too

Thread Information